Downgrading Windows 7

geeteam

Hi guys, i need help on how best i can downgrade from windows 7 ultimate to professionals without doing any windows installation or loosing my files.

i mistakenly upgraded my office pc to windows 7 ultimate which was not my intention. pls dont ask why i upgraded was trying out something. now i want to downgrade to back.

i need help pls.... and also anyone has the idea of getting back my windows product keys? no backup of license was made. thanks...

• Replies 37
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geeteam

• emerglines

• Ambrocious

• tezza

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay... Thanks... Any idea how i can get back my windows product keys on my pc?

@gee

Dug this old tutorial out Downgrade: Change Windows 7 Ultimate to Premium or Professional

http://www.unawave.de/installation/downgrade-en.html?lang=EN

Edit

Daz is your friend for activating

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/24901-Windows-Loader-Current-release-information

or http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/161210-how-to-activate-windows-7-by-phone-via-mak-retail-key/

Edited by tezza

Thanks for your concern... but i need a trick on how to get back my windows 7 professional license key that can be located at the bottom of the pc.

In order to know, how and what to do is needed to know, what was there before. Was it installed on your computer at the factory or you installed itself on your old computer. How was installed Windows 7 Ultimate and a bit more info is needed to give some advise. And the result is still doubtful. It is always the best, when doing a new and clean installation. And any Windows 7 activation is so simple, if You have some knowledge about it. But if you had before preinstalled Windows 7 Pro (You had new purchased PC with preinstalled Win 7 Pro) then the activation is also installed on the separate hard drive partition. Now You must only to re-install the same Windows and it will be automatically activated.

But I can't undestand, why You want to do that.

If You give a bit more info, it's better to give some recommendations.

In order to know, how and what to do is needed to know, what was there before. Was it installed on your computer at the factory or you installed itself on your old computer. How was installed Windows 7 Ultimate and a bit more info is needed to give some advise. And the result is still doubtful. It is always the best, when doing a new and clean installation. And any Windows 7 activation is so simple, if You have some knowledge about it. But if you had before preinstalled Windows 7 Pro (You had new purchased PC with preinstalled Win 7 Pro) then the activation is also installed on the separate hard drive partition. Now You must only to re-install the same Windows and it will be automatically activated.

But I can't undestand, why You want to do that.

If You give a bit more info, it's better to give some recommendations.

Thanks Kalju...

But my problem is quiet different and dont even know where to start from. the reason being that i was given a pc @ where i worked. and this pc has windows home premium installed on it. i tried something out and upgraded to windows ultimate using an upgrade key. now am about return the pc and i want to downgrade back before returning it. i was think MS could have also provide a downgrade tool which allows us to enter a downgrade key just like how upgrade works.... and secondly, the windows product key @ the bottom has been wiped / faded out so i cant really read the product keys... i want to find out also if there is anyway i can the product keys on the pc??? THANKS

Thanks... i believe can read the above post to know my problem

the product key is not important, the ultimate + DAZ is better :D

new installation is always better

Hey NO! i need a way i can get my default windows product keys @ the back of my pc. since some keys are missing and faded out...

Ultimate is just some useless options, and Bitlocker.

He or she wouldn't see no difference, between premium or pro or even ultimate.

http://www.unawave.de/installation/downgrade-en.html?lang=EN

I Know emergline; but its an office pc we're talking about here...

Daz may be good but this is a company computer, you don't want to use that sort of software on a company computer.

YES! Ambrocious, do you have any idea how i can get the windows product keys @ the bottom of my pc??? i can see some keys but not all; the rest are faded out...

If you are only concerned about the Win 7 Ultimate Product key, use Magical Jelly Bean Key finder.!!!

Thanks slimrock; am concerned about getting the windows product keys for my pc. so i can downgrade and restore to the default edition(which home premium) without loosing my files.

Just use the skype trick to get the original key back

Tutorial here :

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/161210-how-to-activate-windows-7-by-phone-via-mak-retail-key/

And use this to recover Microsoft Office Key and all other MS products :

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

Edited by emerglines

Just use the skype trick to get the original key back

Tutorial here :

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/161210-how-to-activate-windows-7-by-phone-via-mak-retail-key/

And use this to recover Microsoft Office Key and all other MS products :

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

How ??? More Details Pls

Phone Activation Instruction

1. Disable Internet Connection
2. Go to Start Menu and right click on the Computer item. On the context menu click on Properties.
windows7computerpropert.png

3. You can see the Windows activation status at the bottom of this screen. Click Change Product Key.
windows7phone1copy.png

4. Next window enter your product key wait till activation Windows verified your product key...
windows7phone2copy.png

5. On the option click show me other way to activate.
windows7phone3copy.png

6. Click use the automated phone system
windows7phone4copy.png

7. Dial UK number free call using skype [+448000188354] I strongly suggest use this number first
or [uS Minor Outlying Island] [+18007548300]
windows7phone5copy.png

8. You get will get Installation ID
windows7phone6copy.png

9. Reconnect internet and open Skype dial UK Number during call you may be asked first question
are you home user or business ***[answer home user -dial1]*** Important
10. After follow the instruction and type your Installation ID after each command by the robot speaker/
11. You will be asked second question
are you home user or business ***[answer home user -dial1]*** Important

12. Finally you will be giving Confirmation ID make sure type the ID correctly into empty box then click enter and you will see activation was successfully screen..
windows7phone7copy.png

windows7phone8copy.png
13. You can check your activation status genuine or not command prompt (admin)

windows7phone9copy.png

Enjoy Your Microsoft Windows 7 :)

Credit to bro :

november_ra1n

Hey... I dont have the product keys? thats what i am looking for a way to get that

Hey... I dont have the product keys? thats what i am looking for a way to get that

Bro its just to recover your windows 7 original key, and the software down it is to recover MS office product keys.

if you don't understand my words please use Google instead, cause i wouldn't say a million time that this trick is just to recover the original windows 7 key not for other products...

And by the way if you don't use this trick there is no other solution then to call Microsoft support, or have problem with you work supervisor !

I dont understand because i dont know how to use this trick to get my default/original windows product keys (which is home premium), currently am on ultimate sp1 which is activated.

though i tried following the trick, i got stacked @ 4. Next window enter your product key wait till activation Windows verified your product key...
which product keys should i enter inn there?

How did you upgrade to ultimate version, its a big problem down here !!!

Sounds you had change the key !