• Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• badrobot

• Freddy Anderson

• GRiM

• Dodel

You have the best OS for a tablet, why would you mess it up with Win 8?

You're saying iOS is best OS for tablet? How much crack have you been smoking today?

And you are saying Windows 8 is the best? Surface tablets are not even selling even at half the iPad's price with freebies included. It's common sense not crack my friend. Tsk.. tsk...

Edited by badrobot

Freddy Anderson

Well, Windows 8 is more responsive on Tablet Touch Screen as compared to iOS

You're saying iOS is best OS for tablet? How much crack have you been smoking today?

And you are saying Windows 8 is the best? Surface tablets are not even selling even at half the iPad's price with freebies included. It's common sense not crack my friend. Tsk.. tsk...

Err, well firstly did I mention ANYTHING about Windows 8? Also your reasoning is flawed because the vast majority of iPads sales are to mostly technofobes, n00bs or Apple sheep, the rest make up the people who like stylish product because of brand name.

Windows 8/Windows 8 RT is still in its infancy and no matter what you say is a MUCH better OS then iOS is or ever likely to be because of many different reasons. Its slow on the uptake because its new and most buyers are dumb and dont know how to use it yet.

The best tablet OS IMHO is Android simply because its a much superior software in just about every aspect like functionality, looks, features out of box etc etc. It also on top of that tops in your "it sells more so must be better" logic and "common sense".

Interesting topic, it was always going to turn into a Apple / Android / 8 Stand off, (not that I'm implying it was done intentionally).

Anyhow, for what it's worth Apple was inovative in it's UI implementation for GUI, look at the Ipod. The interaction is just fluid, the underside of the ios thread, is that you're restricted in essence what you can do with your device, be it either a pad or phone. I'm not saying it's a bad feature, actually quite the opposite in that it allows for a pretty secure device even for the not so tech savvy, dare I say the ios 7 waterproof update....

I on the other hand prefer Android, I like how I'm not restricted to the functionality and the useabilty of my Nexus 4 (which I love!). I agree however that Android currently is less secure than an apple device, due to the less 'restrictive' guidelines the big G use for devs when submitting apps for the market.

Win 8.x is still learning how to be a tablet / phone OS (quite like Simbian I suppose), so it does and will offer it's annoyances, until they are ironed out.

Back on topic, sorry...

I 'd say stick with the native OS if you happy with what it does, if you want the true control, Android all the way.

Regards Dodel.

Edited by badrobot

Interesting topic, it was always going to turn into a Apple / Android / 8 Stand off, (not that I'm implying it was done intentionally).

Anyhow, for what it's worth Apple was inovative in it's UI implementation for GUI, look at the Ipod. The interaction is just fluid, the underside of the ios thread, is that you're restricted in essence what you can do with your device, be it either a pad or phone. I'm not saying it's a bad feature, actually quite the opposite in that it allows for a pretty secure device even for the not so tech savvy, dare I say the ios 7 waterproof update....

I on the other hand prefer Android, I like how I'm not restricted to the functionality and the useabilty of my Nexus 4 (which I love!). I agree however that Android currently is less secure than an apple device, due to the less 'restrictive' guidelines the big G use for devs when submitting apps for the market.

Win 8.x is still learning how to be a tablet / phone OS (quite like Simbian I suppose), so it does and will offer it's annoyances, until they are ironed out.

Back on topic, sorry...

I 'd say stick with the native OS if you happy with what it does, if you want the true control, Android all the way.

Regards Dodel.

Freddy Anderson

Andriod phones are great! my andriod is my best friend... but the downsides to such a technologically advanced phone are :

• it force closes apps if they are too large
  • it over heats easily
  • swype feauture does not work on most texting apps and is not given on the messaging tool your phone is set with.
  • the phone itself has very little memory storage, so you have to keep large apps, videos, and photos on a card.
Edited by Freddy Anderson

Andriod phones are great! my andriod is my best friend... but the downsides to such a technologically advanced phone are :

• it over heats easily
  • swype feauture does not work on most texting apps and is not given on the messaging tool your phone is set with.
  • the phone itself has very little memory storage, so you have to keep large apps, videos, and photos on a card.

I think your issues are mostly hardware related. Android is a software (an OS). What android phone are you using?

Freddy Anderson

• it over heats easily

I think your issues are mostly hardware related. Android is a software (an OS). What android phone are you using?

No its not Hardware Related, its OS issue... Using HTC Wildfire !! I have seen many people coming across these issues !! Its just like a Windows , which also tends to slowdown with time !!

No its not Hardware Related, its OS issue... Using HTC Wildfire !! I have seen many people coming across these issues !! Its just like a Windows , which also tends to slowdown with time !!

That my friend IS a hardware constraint issue, I've just upgraded from a Wildfire (not the s), to an Nexus 4 using same apps / OS and no issues, (Mind you I had no issues running these on my Wildfire.) To use your analogy r.e windows, if you stick it on a Pentium 1 cpu, it's likely to be slow, stick it on a i7 it's going to be smooth, again it's an hardware issue.

The Wildfire is an entry level HTC device, it's only got 500mb of OP space (if I remember), and if you use app2sd to move apps from the internal storage to your SD card which I did allot due to the limited internal storage, you will find quite a few apps do not like this approach and FC constantly. I rooted my Wildfire and stuck Cyanogen mod 7, I tried 10 but that also Fc'd on the Wildfire. This will give you a better smoother experience on the Wildfire also (Check XDA forums for how to's).

I actually use my Wildfire now as a dedicated sat nav (running co-pilot) :)

Regards

Dodel

Edited by Dodel

Freddy Anderson

Oh .. I was not much aware technically on this aspect. I have no other option now, but to agree with you ;)

I actually use my Wildfire now as a dedicated sat nav (running co-pilot) :)

• it over heats easily

Wildfire's CPU is 600Mhz Arm 11, 512MB RAM. Mine is HTC One X, with Quad-core 1.5Ghz CPU, 32GB internal storgae & 1GB RAM. No issues.. Are you running Jelly Bean? Jelly Bean requires 1GB RAM to work flawlessly. It will work with 512 RAM but not as good as 1GB RAM.

Edited by badrobot

Freddy Anderson

Wildfire's CPU is 600Mhz Arm 11, 512MB RAM. Mine is HTC One X, with Quad-core 1.5Ghz CPU, 32GB internal storgae & 1GB RAM. No issues.. Are you running Jelly Bean? Jelly Bean requires 1GB RAM to work flawlessly. It will work with 512 RAM but not as good as 1GB RAM.

No. i ain't running Jelly Bean ... My Wildfire used to be faster, but later, it started crashing certain applications. Particularly, the Texting frequently crashes when there is load of chat saved in it... And delays, when i ought to open my Music Player... I ain't getting whether is software or hardware which is troubling ...

No. i ain't running Jelly Bean ... My Wildfire used to be faster, but later, it started crashing certain applications. Particularly, the Texting frequently crashes when there is load of chat saved in it... And delays, when i ought to open my Music Player... I ain't getting whether is software or hardware which is troubling ...

I see. That may be the problem. You are not running Jelly Bean and maybe you've been installing some apps lately that are optimized for JB. that will definitely give you a problem. Yes those apps may work but will get hiccups all the time.

Freddy Anderson

I see. That may be the problem. You are not running Jelly Bean and maybe you've been installing some apps lately that are optimized for JB. that will definitely give you a problem. Yes those apps may work but will get hiccups all the time.

that can possibly a reason but i have only 2 apps installed on my htc that are whatsapp and viber. Usually, my texting and message application is forced to close for no apparent reason. The way i see it, it is an OS issue as upon a bit research, i found that Android lags just because it does not run directly from Hardware, while iOs or Windows phone run directly from hardware !!

that can possibly a reason but i have only 2 apps installed on my htc that are whatsapp and viber. Usually, my texting and message application is forced to close for no apparent reason. The way i see it, it is an OS issue as upon a bit research, i found that Android lags just because it does not run directly from Hardware, while iOs or Windows phone run directly from hardware !!

Of course there is a possibility of OS issue specially if you are running an older version which is probably abandoned already and not getting updates for bug fixes.