Windows 8.1 stucks after rebooting

jofre

Mine Windows 8.1 RTM (x86) - (clean install) , takes 16/17 sec to boot which I think is the normal time . Now, when rebooting, it takes 47 sec., and after having reached Windows screen it gets stuck for more 48 sec., and only then I can start working.

Don`t know the reason why this happens ... Any opinion ?

It`s just Windows 8.1 and nothing else. - None other software was installed.

No problem with Win8 was found about this matter.

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jofre

• Ambrocious

• chlorophyll

• Airstream_Bill

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine Windows 8.1 RTM (x86) - (clean install) , takes 16/17 sec to boot which I think is the normal time . Now, when rebooting, it takes 47 sec., and after having reached Windows screen it gets stuck for more 48 sec., and only then I can start working.

sdk4.png

Edited by Ambrocious

have u done clean install or upgraded over w8?

also pls try to boot into safe mode n then restart

Airstream_Bill

I hope my Windows 7 netbook keeps working. I have heard nothing good about Windows 8 or 8.1. I hope you get it sorted out. Have a good weekend.

No solution for your problem bro i don't use win 8 and i will not cause its full of bullshit change, instead of stability...

Hi.. Dear Jofre

Well I used Win8 from the august 2012 (leaked RTM) both Pro and Enterprise editions and now I'm using Windows 8.1 Enterprise || its having no problem by booting or stuck as u mentioned.. quickly booting and all are working perfect. but if u have any problem maybe its from the installation time (allocation table of drive u used to install the OS or .. ) and maybe after installation and from a device driver and/ or something else.. if u would like I'll try to help u remotely by TeamViewer. I have to check for the problem and if u had no problem by Win8.. surely it will be ok as the same or better than Win8.. because the System requirements are the same. join me at yahoo messenger.. My ID there is: Phazesm

I can confirm after about a year testing windows 8, 3/3 of my machines running ok all three flavors of win8. Sometimes 2 of my machines run into system errors

Boot times are not as good as reported by others once firewall & AV and updates are loaded

Boot times on some machines brought in by users are sometimes plain crap! Even on 5 cpu-core machines

On some machines software is very hard to install successsfully; user security issues, long/short pathname issues, slowness installing software to network, etc.

In sum: too many headaches on issues that were already solved in previous windows versions. Wouldn't recommned Win8 to new users.

Edited by UnderShadow

Mine is a fix computer with one CDrom drive, one Drive recorder and a Floppydisk.

Found today, after having installed again 8.1 Pro x86 ( I always do a clean install ), Drive Recorder is detected

during boot, but does not appear on Windows Explorer. Also the Floppy Disk is the reason why computer

hangs ( stuck ) during 48 sec after having reached Windows screen . After these 48 seconds I hear a noise like

«brrrr», the Floppy light comes on, and is possible to start working with Windows.

So,.. RTM is not ready for me yet... maybe next OEM final version will be in good conditions.

Laptops do not have these kind of problems, and that`s probably why people are happy with Win8.1.

Cheers

Jofre

Edited by jofre