Hackintosh on VMWare?

badrobot

I haven't done any of Hackintosh stuff. Is it possible to do it in VMWare? Can someone please link me to a tutorial and working MacOSx intaller download for VMWare? Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Edited by badrobot

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• badrobot

• knowledge-Spammer

• CODYQX4

• PurplebeanZ

I haven't done any of Hackintosh stuff. Is it possible to do it in VMWare? Can someone please link me to a tutorial and working MacOSx intaller download for VMWare? Thanks in advance. Cheers!

How to install Mac OS X 10.7 Lion in VMware Workstation

and for MacOSx intaller google it or try

http://h33t.eu/torrent/0185468/mac-os-x-10-7-install-dvd-iso

Thank you.. I will try this one and post update later. Cheers!

Edited by badrobot

Not worth the hassle mate.

Thanks for the input. :) I just want to tinker stuffs on my spare time. I am not really gonna use them for anything serious. Just wanna play around with my machine. I've been playing around with Linux, too. So far I like the NetRunner Enigma OS and Zorin OS. Cheers!

its cool i i am like u i like two play around with my machine

Yeah,sometimes I have 3 OSes on at the same time. One on each of my screens. Just exploring around. :)

Like on the pic below, I have (from left to right: Ubuntu, Win 7 & Win 8 ). :P

post-66530-0-09225900-1379693897_thumb.j

Last I remember if you have AMD CPU like me you are FUBAR on newer editions, and it always ran like complete shit for whatever did work for me.

I'm just going to buy the next iMac and hopefully get familiar with Objective C.

My setup is running on intel i5 CPU.

Last I remember if you have AMD CPU like me you are FUBAR on newer editions, and it always ran like complete shit for whatever did work for me.

There's a working, stable AMD kernel for Mountain Lion with work already being done on getting Mavericks working with AMD CPUs too.

How to install Mac OS X 10.7 Lion in VMware Workstation

and for MacOSx intaller google it or try

http://h33t.eu/torrent/0185468/mac-os-x-10-7-install-dvd-iso

The torrent link is dead. :(

Well that was easy!!!

Thank you @knowledge for the Youtube link. Although the download link didn't work. The tutorial have links for everything you need including the VMWare version that you need.

Posting this message now from Hackintosh VMWare.

Shot below shows Mac OS X on left screen (only resolution 1024x768 is maximum), Window 7 (host OS) in the middle and Win 8 on the right screen via Teamviewer (Win PC on the living room).

post-66530-0-17592400-1379736740_thumb.j

Edited by badrobot

Just to update this post, Mac OS x 10.8 is so much better in Virtualbox than in VMWare.

Here's the tutorial link for Virtual Box. You can find all the links for the downloads there also: http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/07/mountain-lion-virtualbox.html

The OS is here: http://kickass.to/os-x-10-8-mountain-lion-bootable-dvd-for-intel-pcs-t6508045.html

Here's a shot:

post-66530-0-29773000-1379898952_thumb.j

Cheers!

post-66530-0-29773000-1379898952_thumb.j

Edited by badrobot

@lyldz, obviously you mean Phenom II X4 945. Currently, there isn't a way to have OSX 10.8 running natively (not even through VMware or VirtualBox).

Eventually will have to buy an intel platform based cpu / mobo, or wait for someone to compile the kernel and drivers for amd platform.

Edited by MasterFaster

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth... I've got OS X 10.8, Fedora 19 and Windows XP, 7, 8, 2003, 2008 all running on VMware Workstation 10 and have not encountered any issues what so ever. Running on an i7 box with Windows 7 x64 hosting.