Windows 8.1 and Media Center

psyko666

Hi,

I used a MSDN key for Windows 8.1 Pro and a had a valid key for Media Center, my system died so I have another PC now, so I tried the Windows 8.1 Pro Productkey and it was activated...

After that I added the Media Center Productkey and my PC rebooted, now my Windows 8.1 Pro is not activated but I have Media Center... (????) :(

How can I remove Media Center from Windows 8.1 Pro so I have a activated Windows 8.1 Pro version?

Thanks in advance, :)

-Kilag

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyko666

• tezza

• Mr Orus

• november_ra1n

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guide to remove WMC and keep Pro activated, http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/16077-media-center-remove-go-back-windows-8-pro.html , but it is easier to just phone activate.

Edit

Win8.1WMC: Remove WMC And Restore to Win8.1Pro - Keep Everything

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/48489-Win8-1WMC-Remove-WMC-And-Restore-to-Win8-1Pro-Keep-Everything?p=811593#post811593

Edited by tezza

???

The link send me to a post, what's with that?!

So I have to activate using phone?

not need..I have the same problem 2 days ago...and I am just make system restore and that put me back again on windows whit no wmp...but you need again install the key

"slmgr.vbs -ipk"

and after activate

"slmgr.vbs -ato"

thats it...

Hi,

I used a MSDN key for Windows 8.1 Pro and a had a valid key for Media Center, my system died so I have another PC now, so I tried the Windows 8.1 Pro Productkey and it was activated...

After that I added the Media Center Productkey and my PC rebooted, now my Windows 8.1 Pro is not activated but I have Media Center... (????) :(

How can I remove Media Center from Windows 8.1 Pro so I have a activated Windows 8.1 Pro version?

Thanks in advance, :)

-Kilag

Use one of the WMC Retail keys activate offline as you did for PRO Edition difference is

1. Go to add features option in your system add the key let MS install all necessary files in this step DO NOT ACTIVATE YET!

2. Wait till PC restart and after start to activating same way as you did for pro

3. There are few keys if one not working try other time too time keys gets blocked rapidly and i am updating them as often as possible.

I have just updated new WMC Retail keys need to activate as quick as possible

However if you want to go back Windows 8.1 Pro there is workaround as tezza mention but really easiest, clean and sure way reinstal Pro again

Edited by november_ra1n