Question regarding DVD images

sanjoa

Hi, guys! How are ya? I've downloaded .DMG DVD image files, so I converted them to .ISO using UltraISO, burned to a DVD (dual layer one, 7Gb each DVD image) and when I try to install those files, they fail (error decompressing). They're compressed in .tbz format. Two files of each DVD (in total 3 DVD images) fail to install. Any solution on this? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sanjoa

• Levo

• nanoman

• Sentry

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know that. I've used UltraISO (it's on FP) to convert it to ISO format.

I'm on Win7 x64 ultimate

Edited by sanjoa

I'm on Win7 x64 ultimate

Try Power ISO to convert

but before burning >test it by mounting and installing the result ISO on your mac

then burn it using slow speed this will help to eliminate errors in most cases ​especially bootable ones

Edited by nanoman

I'm on Win7 x64 ultimate

Try Power ISO to convert

but before burning >test it by mounting and installing the result ISO on your mac

then burn it using slow speed this will help to eliminate errors in most cases ​especially bootable ones

As I've said, I'm on Windows X64 ultimate, I don't own a MAC.

on windows pc use any2 iso to convert the dmg to .iso format.

Link to any2iso is

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0O0YY1RA/AnyToISO_Professional_v3.5_Build_455.zip_links

Then you can either mount the iso or burn it.

If its a large file requiring a dual layer dvd then burn it at the lowest speed possible and then verify the burn.

If there are still errors or it does not work even after verification then may be the dmg is itself corrupt and you should check the source.

Hope that helps.

P.S.: Try anyto iso becoz magic/ultra/poweriso etc do not work well with mac formats although they claim to do so.Just my personal experience.

Edited by Levo

on windows pc use any2 iso to convert the dmg to .iso format.

Link to any2iso is

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0O0YY1RA/AnyToISO_Professional_v3.5_Build_455.zip_links

Then you can either mount the iso or burn it.

If its a large file requiring a dual layer dvd then burn it at the lowest speed possible and then verify the burn.

If there are still errors or it does not work even after verification then may be the dmg is itself corrupt and you should check the source.

Hope that helps.

P.S.: Try anyto iso becoz magic/ultra/poweriso etc do not work well with mac formats although they claim to do so.Just my personal experience.

That didn't work. It fails to mont or open the image

Is the file extension .dmg or something else.

You first need to convert and then mount.

Are you sure your file is not corrupt?Are file hashes matching from the source?

I know its bit of a bother but you can try the trial version of Transmac and try to open/mount file.

If its still not opening you better check the file source,may be its corrupt!!!

As a last resort you can try it on some friend's/workplace mac to make sure file is ok.

Edited by Levo

As mentioned before, maybe you are dealing with corrupted data, so you should be assured about the integrity of the disk images at first place. And if you don't wanna mess with img conversions and the like next time, MacDrive would come in handy in cases like these. ;)

Is the file extension .dmg or something else.

You first need to convert and then mount.

Are you sure your file is not corrupt?Are file hashes matching from the source?

I know its bit of a bother but you can try the trial version of Transmac and try to open/mount file.

If its still not opening you better check the file source,may be its corrupt!!!

As a last resort you can try it on some friend's/workplace mac to make sure file is ok.

Is .dmg the file extension. I don't know if it's corrupt or not, I don't have the source. Nobody here owns a Mac.

As mentioned before, maybe you are dealing with corrupted data, so you should be assured about the integrity of the disk images at first place. And if you don't wanna mess with img conversions and the like next time, MacDrive would come in handy in cases like these. ;)

Will try and tell you later