ConvertXtoDVD 5 - FPS and Conversion

Paft

I haven't used a ConvertXtoDVD in a long time since I watch everything in HD on the PC or though WDTV. A friend wanted a series doing...

-Is it normal for the program to convert all the video files at the same time?

-Is 20fps normal/OK?

-I used the Cerberus patch as the rar was dated newer than the XenoCoder. Is that OK?

t95p.jpg

I used the follwing setting. I didn't use 2Pass because I tested 1/2 with a sample file and the quality looked identical:

(Region set to PAL)

36z5.jpg

2quu.jpg

My system:
Intel Core i3-530, 4000 MHz
MSI N470GTX (MS-V222) Core clock 790MHz Mem clock 1674MHz - 326.80 Beta Driver.
4GB
RAM

edit: I checked 'use hardware decoding' and set 'maximum simultaneous conversion' to 1. It is now showing 47ps give or take.

I'm a noob when it comes to audio/video,

Edited by Paft

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paft

• FreeRyde

• pedro7769

• jackieo

Deselect 'Use best quality video'. You should see a considerable improvement in conversion speed.

The difference in quality is neglegable, if noticable at all.

Set Conversion priority to 'Higher'

I haven't used a ConvertXtoDVD in a long time since I watch everything in HD on the PC or though WDTV. A friend wanted a series doing...

-Is it normal for the program to convert all the video files at the same time?

-Is 20fps normal/OK?

The PAL (europe) standard is 25 FPS / whereas NTSC (north america) is 29.97 FPS ( or 30)

having said that, usually its best to go with the same frame rate as your content.

less frames = choppy motion

yes it will do multiple video files as long as it doesn't over load the max capacity of your DVD

Paft has the format set to PAL.

Yes, pulldown could be slowing things down

Edited by FreeRyde

A long time ago I used to use The Film Machine with either CCE or HCEncoder with several passes but ConvertX seems decent these days. What are you views on 2 Passes. As I said, I tested with a sample and couldn't see a difference. I always want the best quality.

Thanks for the input both of you.

Edited by Paft

Claire, Moderator, Answers to most of your conversion questions, VSO Software Forum

2 pass will not improve quality enough to be worthwhile if you use the Automatic encode option except for projects long enough that the DVD cannot be kept from being filled. So you might get some improvement with 2 pass for those longer than about 170 or 180 minutes on a DVD5 disc. But any improvement is reduced to nearly zero for projects as long as 5 hours.

Consider keeping projects below 240 minutes or putting them on a DVD9 disc instead if you are really concerned about quality.

• 4 months later...