Search Function Problematic - SOLVED

locoJoe

A couple times now I have posted software and then found out that it had already been posted to nsane. I always use the search first but am finding that it not always works properly. For example, a search for "quake" that omitted my post. Also my search started with 5 pages of results but after looking thru the 4th page I noticed that the 5th page had disappeared!?! A picture is worth a thousand words so I made a short video that shows exactly what I am talking about. Thanx. PS If video looks fuzzy make sure it is set to view at 720p :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otq1NMr1IgA

Edited by locoJoe

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• locoJoe

• Lite

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

The search on nsane.down is powered by google (in fact it is a google search). Sometimes google doesn't pick up all topics (or doesn't have access to them.

For the forums, its always better to use the forum search, which searches through the database and has access to all the posts.

post-2-0-21665300-1378658843_thumb.png

The search on nsane.down is powered by google (in fact it is a google search). Sometimes google doesn't pick up all topics (or doesn't have access to them.

For the forums, its always better to use the forum search, which searches through the database and has access to all the posts.

attachicon.gifsearch.PNG

OK...thanx for the reply.

nothing to solve really, just my mistake. g/l have fun