VOTE: Ban Ambrocious for posting Infowars Articles - Yes or No?

Ambrocious

The nsanefourms staff have told me over and over that I was NOT to post Infowars articles in the news section, LeePirate even saying that Alex was compared to a "fortune teller". I feel disrespected for not being able to put actual news articles in the news section but staff feel justified in their decisions to continue to move my posts to the Chat Bar.

So I'm making this post to honestly ask people: Should I be banned for posting articles from Infowars in the World News section? Yes or no answers will do.

Yes or No.

Post your comments below with either a yes or no and if there are more "YES" votes, I will ask staff to please ban me in a democratically style fashion. All members are allowed to vote, including staff.

Edited by Ambrocious

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ambrocious

• Cypher3927

• mastershake

• AlienForce1

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

imo no not be banned i mean. even if i believe it or not who cares i find them interesting reads. some i agree with and some i dont but its my choice to read it. so if its posted those who dont want to read it can pass it by again just imo. i enjoy reading them many times if for nothing else than the hmmmmmm factor of what if...but if they are allowed in the chat bar i can still find them and still read them. i just hope you post them for me to read one way or the other.

Edited by mastershake

I just want to mention that there are many famous news aggregators that also add InfoWars as a site they pull from. That being said no I don't think you should be banned, I think people should relax. We had a guy that posted up an article about NASA stating that people get superhuman powers by staring at the sun for god's sake. Leave the guy alone, what the fuck is wrong with this planet?

:wtf:

To be clear, the staff never threatened to ban me but they continue to dictate where the articles go. I'm not trying to challenge thier authority but rather, thier morality and good will. I personally wouldn't move a post just because I don't agree with it, but it appears that Infowars deserves to go into the chat bar, which I take as a way disrespecting me by unspeakingly saying threw action, "Your article is not news worthy and I don't trust it".

Edited by Ambrocious

I think that all nsane members already know your beliefs - so , I don`t think you should be banned - who is interested in `Infowars` type articles can read them , who is not interested can skip them , that`s all !

So , my vote is NO .

Also , if you want to fight for your ideas you should respect staff`s recomendation - you can do more inside the forum than from outside . I must repeat : who is interested in `Infowars` news will read them , who doesn`t , will not .

I think that all nsane members already know your beliefs - so , I don`t think you should be banned - who is interested in `Infowars` type articles can read them , who is not interested can skip them , that`s all !

So , my vote is NO .

Also , if you want to fight for your ideas you should respect staff`s recomendation - you can do more inside the forum than from outside . I must repeat : who is interested in `Infowars` news will read them , who doesn`t , will not .

If you felt very strongly about something and you spoke your mind, if staff continually moved your posts because they weren't considered accurate, wouldn't you be a little bit offended? This is where I stand.

Edited by Ambrocious

To be clear, the staff never threatened to ban me but they continue to dictate where the articles go. I'm not trying to challenge thier authority but rather, thier morality and good will.

That's cool of you to make that clear. Honestly I think that if it wasn't a deluge of articles that blocked out the front page for everyone else all the time why shouldn't it be allowed? As I've stated in my comment above there are many sites that aggregate news and use InfoWars as a source too right alongside The New York Times and other prominent news sites. It's not my favorite site in the world but when I read an article I think if it makes sense to me like I do with any other. I always remind people that it's the internet it's not like someone is standing in front of you making you read the damn thing. If it interests you read it, if it doesn't then don't. I vote allow his posts in the news section, otherwise you guys are honestly being really ridiculous and you have no footing for that decision, simply hubris. And unfair to a member with 1,800 posts that should have earned his place by now. If some members get all bent out of shape because of the source of an article enough to remove it from it's rightful place I really worry about how they deal with other problems in life. Just my two cents.

Edited by Cypher3927

To be clear, the staff never threatened to ban me but they continue to dictate where the articles go. I'm not trying to challenge thier authority but rather, thier morality and good will.

That's cool of you to make that clear. Honestly I think that if it wasn't a deluge of articles that blocked out the front page for everyone else all the time why shouldn't it be allowed? As I've stated in my comment above there are many sites that aggregate news and use InfoWars as a source too. It's not my favorite site in the world but when I read an article I think if it makes sense to me like I do with any other. I always remind people that it's the internet it's not like someone is standing in front of you making you read the damn thing. If it interests you read it, if it doesn't then don't. I vote allow his posts in the news section, otherwise you guys are honestly being really disrespectful to who he is and you have no footing for that decision, simply hubris. If some members get all bent out of shape because of the source of an article enough to remove it from it's rightful place I really worry about how they deal with other problems in life. Just my two cents.

Sadly a lot of people don't want to know how bad the world is becoming; I think that's why a lot of people would rather not believe any of this. As I always say to those people who hate information from where it comes from and NOT what it actually IS, Information prejudice is willful ignorance. My ultimate goal is to hope people can see that this is reliable news so that positive change can take place. If enough people do not realize that Infowars is pretty credible, they will be unknowingly used as a steam roller of hate that will be pit against certain kinds of people with different beliefs. During times of serious war, the corrupt leadership always uses propaganda to make their followers HATE any other information. I'm considered dangerous to those who don't understand. The TRUTH is dangerous, but it's truth, what's to hate?

Edited by Ambrocious

That's cool of you to make that clear. Honestly I think that if it wasn't a deluge of articles that blocked out the front page for everyone else all the time why shouldn't it be allowed? As I've stated in my comment above there are many sites that aggregate news and use InfoWars as a source too. It's not my favorite site in the world but when I read an article I think if it makes sense to me like I do with any other. I always remind people that it's the internet it's not like someone is standing in front of you making you read the damn thing. If it interests you read it, if it doesn't then don't. I vote allow his posts in the news section, otherwise you guys are honestly being really disrespectful to who he is and you have no footing for that decision, simply hubris. If some members get all bent out of shape because of the source of an article enough to remove it from it's rightful place I really worry about how they deal with other problems in life. Just my two cents.

Sadly a lot of people don't want to know how bad the world is becoming; I think that's why a lot of people would rather not believe any of this. As I always say to those people who hate information from where it comes from and NOT what it actually IS, Information prejudice is willful ignorance. My ultimate goal is to hope people can see that this is reliable news so that positive change can take place. If enough people do not realize that Infowars is pretty credible, they will be unknowingly used as a steam roller of hate that will be pit against certain kinds of people with different beliefs. During times of serious war, the corrupt leadership always uses propaganda to make their followers HATE any other information. I'm considered dangerous to those who don't understand. The TRUTH is dangerous, but it's truth, what's to hate?

People are ignorant but I also will point out that some stories on there are a stretch because they often add a little of their interpretation of events which they don't always have evidence for. However I have seen many that mirror what other news sources say so all in all if it's good enough for those other prominent news aggregating sites then it should be equally good for the nsane community. Use discretion when posting and if it seems pretty credible then I say it should be allowed in the news section.

• Administrator

This topic is pointless. The situation is clear and has been the same for years. We have stated many times the same information. The request to post infowars content in the Chat Bar was made several years ago.

I even clarified this to you on the 14th of July, via PM, so the fact we moved some topics, shouldn't really be a suprise or warrant response.

As previously informed all items from InfoWars as the like should be posted in the ChatBar.

This forum isn't forcing anyone to be or do anything. We have a clear set of rules already. These are well defined and have clarified to many members already some points when requested.

We have defended peoples beliefs many times and left topics as is, which wouldn't be allowed in most forums.

We have never threatened to ban anyone that has contributed positively to our community, nor do we ban/delete members upon request. Members are welcome to depart the forums if they so chose, although we value all members. There are almost 40k members, not a single one is more or less important than another.

I will quote two sections of the rules and then close the topic.

nsane.forums aims to provide equal opportunities its members. We intend to treat all of our members without discrimination due to race, color, age, sex, religion / creed, species, sexual orientation, marital status, political standing or disability. In keeping with these guidelines, we expect you as individuals, to stay true to these beliefs. If you have any concerns regarding this please contact an administrator so that we can deal with it appropriately.

The decision of an administrator is final and not up for discussion.

Any further discussion of this nature will be dealt with in accordance with the forum rules.

Edited by Lite