Restore points no longer working - windows 7

vitorio

Hi:

My windos restore points is not longer working in windows 7 even I tried the recommendations found in the internet to fix it.

My question:

What program do you recommend to do this job?

Thanks for the information

Vitorio

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vitorio

• Ponting

• mazigh

• nanoman

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi:

My windos restore points is not longer working in windows 7 even I tried the recommendations found in the internet to fix it.

My question:

What program do you recommend to do this job?

Thanks for the information

Vitorio

If you are using Professional/Ultimate edition,you can make use of Windows imaging.If not you can try AX64 Time Machine.

See the shoutbox for more.

Edited by NSFfan

rollback RX is not bad chosen

But before using that program,have a backup image ready in hand.Just to be safe.I have tried various versions of Rollback Rx on my PC,worked well all the time.For some PCs,it creates more problems than snapshots.

Edited by NSFfan

IMO Restore Point Creator is the best deal when it comes to Windows Restore. It offers following functionalities:

• A straightforward application that provides one of the simplest methods to create and manage restore points with minimum efforts.
  • Restore Point Creator is a lightweight and easy-to-use application that was designed to help you restore the system to an early state using the existing restore points.
  • You can also create new ones and personalize them by adding a specific description to each of them.
  • In case there are some restore points that are no longer needed, with the help of Restore Point Creator you can delete them.
  • You can also try the portable version of the application.

Check Here: http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/183540-restore-point-creator-13-build-22/?p=626341

Thanks for the help:

What is the software more similar to use instead of restore points from windows 7, which you may choose a date and time back in time from where to restore it.

Thay told me AX64 Time Machine is the most similar and easy to use.

Please let me your opinion in relation to this.

Thanks for the help.

Vitorio

Hi:

I installed the System Restore Point Creator but even it says that I created a restore point, in the list of current restore points of the software there is nothinh show

It happens similar to windows 7 restore points option, where you can create a restore point but it is not show in the restore points options back in time to restore them.

Please let me know if there is other option.

Thanks for the help.

Vitorio

unknownasphyxiated

Control Panel > System > System Protection > click on system restore enabled drive with protection "On" > Configure

post a screenshot here or just move the slider to the right to increase the size allocated for restore point

currently i'm using 5GB with 6 restore point

Edited by unknownasphyxiated

Hi:

I installed the System Restore Point Creator but even it says that I created a restore point, in the list of current restore points of the software there is nothinh show

It happens similar to windows 7 restore points option, where you can create a restore point but it is not show in the restore points options back in time to restore them.

Please let me know if there is other option.

Thanks for the help.

Vitorio

Yes.System Restore points aren't reliable as some people may think.