Bootable CD to Bootable USB drive

michaelteo2000

michaelteo2000

Hi, anyone and everyone here.

I have an Acronis Image 2012 Bootable CD,

how do I make it as a bootable USB flash drive ?

Thank you.

Edited by michaelteo2000

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• michaelteo2000

• Ponting

• mazigh

• rach

or you could use UltraISO and follow these steps:

How to install Windows 7 from USB drive (step by step guide):

Step #1: Creating bootable USB drive
1. Sart UltraISO (V9.3 or newer version, download here)
2. Choose ‘File’->’Open’ from main menu and open ISO file of Windows 7, for example “d:\ISO\WIN7_DVD.iso”; You may also open the original DVD by 'File'->'Open CD/DVD' from main menu if you have not an bootable ISO
3. Choose ‘Bootable’->’Write disk image’ from main menu
4.Insert the USB drive you intend to boot from
5. Choose proper “Write Method”,USB-HDD+ is recommanded
6. Hit “Write” to get a bootable USB drive

If no errors occured in the above process, you should now be all set to boot from USB and install Windows 7!

michaelteo2000

Try this PowerISO at the first, Make an ISO file from the CD and make from it the bootable USB using the same app, if it failed try WinUSB Maker If not working too feedback us =)

I'm not making a Bootable Windows Installation USB drive.

Does the PowerISO able to make an Acronis Image Bootable CD to a Bootable USB ?

Thanks...

Edited by michaelteo2000

Download the ISO file.Use YUMI to make a bootable USB Flash Drive.

1.Select your USB Flash Drive.

2.Select Format Drive

3.Go to Bootable ISOs(available at the bottom in select distributions section) & select Try an unlisted ISO

4.Browse to your ISO file(i.e,Acronis ISO)

5.Select Create.

You can add other ISO files if you wish so.YUMI will ask for it the end.

Optional

You can also edit the title of the bootable ISO entry by going to G:\multiboot\menu\menu.lst and edit the title of the particular entry using notepad.(Select Save as type as All Files and give File name as menu.lst)Here 'G' is your USB Flash Drive.

These entries would be present in menu.lst file in the path as mentioned previously.

# This Menu created with YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Installer) http://www.pendrivelinux.com
default 1
timeout 30
color NORMAL HIGHLIGHT HELPTEXT HEADING
splashimage=/multiboot/menu/yumi.xpm.gz
foreground=FFFFFF
background=000000

title --- Directly Bootable ISOs + Windows XP ---
root

title <-- Back to Main Menu
root (hd0,0)
chainloader (hd0)+1
rootnoverify (hd0)

# Modify the following entry if it does not boot
title Boot ATIH2013PP_en-US.iso
find --set-root --ignore-floppies --ignore-cd /multiboot/ISOS/ATIH2013PP_en-US.iso
map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /multiboot/ISOS/ATIH2013PP_en-US.iso (hd32)
map --hook
chainloader (hd32)

You can edit the first line like title Acronis True Image Home 2013

Edited by NSFfan

michaelteo2000

or you could use UltraISO and follow these steps:

How to install Windows 7 from USB drive (step by step guide):

Step #1: Creating bootable USB drive

1. Sart UltraISO (V9.3 or newer version, download here)

2. Choose ‘File’->’Open’ from main menu and open ISO file of Windows 7, for example “d:\ISO\WIN7_DVD.iso”; You may also open the original DVD by 'File'->'Open CD/DVD' from main menu if you have not an bootable ISO

3. Choose ‘Bootable’->’Write disk image’ from main menu

4.Insert the USB drive you intend to boot from

5. Choose proper “Write Method”,USB-HDD+ is recommanded

6. Hit “Write” to get a bootable USB drive

If no errors occured in the above process, you should now be all set to boot from USB and install Windows 7!

Thanks for your helpful information given.

But I'm not trying to install windows, I want to boot my netbook with a Acronis Image Bootable USB to backup my system while there is no CD/DVD drive in my netbook.

I managed to make a bootable Acronis Image 2013 iso to a Bootable USB using UltralISO, but it fail to boot up my netbook.

Try this PowerISO at the first, Make an ISO file from the CD and make from it the bootable USB using the same app, if it failed try WinUSB Maker If not working too feedback us =)

Thanks...

I never tried it with Acronis but.. Because it's a bootable CD I think it can make it a Bootable USB :), Try it and see if it works

michaelteo2000

Thanks...

I never tried it with Acronis but.. Because it's a bootable CD I think it can make it a Bootable USB :), Try it and see if it works

The PowerISO make my flash drive into a RAW format drive that unable to use in Windows after making the

Acronis 2013.iso into the USB drive, while the WinUSB only meant to make Win7/8 installation USB drive...

Edited by michaelteo2000

Acronis uses a very peculiar boot loader that programs like UltraISO/PowerISO won't see the boot loader, nor can they copy the boot loader to a USB stick. If you open the Acronis ISO use powerISO, you only see one folder: recovery manager, but the size is only about half of the ISO size - poweriso can not see the bootloader.

So the only way you can do it is to actually install acronis TI program and activate it using a serial number/crack, then make a bootable USB from within the program. There is no way to make the acronis boot cd directly to a boot USB.

Thanks...

The PowerISO make my flash drive into a RAW format drive that unable to use in Windows after making the

Acronis 2013.iso into the USB drive, while the WinUSB only meant to make Win7/8 installation USB drive...

Did you chose the USB-HDD option just like the pic below?

a64508046042.jpg

If it didn't worked.. I see no other way to make it works, maybe someone else gonna help

If you have created the ISO file from Acronis or downloaded the ISO file,you can make use of YUMI to create a bootable USB.See my previous post in this thread.

there's a tool from hp for making bootable usb ( to boot and install windows from ) . Can't remember the name right now but I'll get back to you tonight with the name of that tool

give this a try rufus.akeo.ie

Edited by erion

For multiboot USB drives,take a look here.You can simply drop just about any ISO file on to USB and get it to boot.

https://sites.google.com/a/rmprepusb.com/www/tutorials/72---easyboot---a-grubdos-multiboot-drive-that-is-easy-to-maintain/e2bv1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA1U_3Z91AI

Edited by NSFfan