Buying on Google Play - Need quick advices

mara-

Guys, I need some help/advices. Mother of my friend currently lives in USA. Her colleague should came in my country on 15. October. So, I wanted to purchase a Nexus 4 from Google Play. I logged in to my gmail account and we used the mothers credit card and all her data. But after a while I got the e-mail saying:

This order was likely canceled for one of the following reasons:

• Details provided for your credit card do not match those on-file with your financial institution.
  • The address information provided was incomplete and could not be verified.
  • To block an attempt to purchase more than the maximum allowable devices.

Is there a way for me to quickly purchase this? I'm thinking that they cancelled it because my gmail name does not match credit card name. And they also blocked my buying account asking copy of some documents and utility bill. Now, this required to 3-5 days to verify, or more in some cases, they say, so is there a way for me to buy this faster? If the mother would use her gmail account, who never did the purchase before on Goggle Play, would the same thing happen?

Cheers ;)

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mara-

• Helio2k

• anakin206

• MinDokan

Top Posters In This Topic

I buyed a couple of times on Google Play using my girlfriend's credit card and my Gmail account and had no troubles with that. So I don't think that the reason why they cancelled the transaction will be the use of another account.

Also once I made the mistake to change the birth date of my nephew on gmail and they blocked the account because he's underaged. They ask for documents to unblock the account. I sent to them what they ask for and I can get the account unblocked in a couple of hours.

Edited by anakin206

Probably the issue is that the credit card is an US and the shipping is an different state or Country that is probably why you are having the issues.

I buyed a couple of times on Google Play using my girlfriend's credit card and my Gmail account and had no troubles with that. So I don't think that the reason why they cancelled the transaction will be the use of another account.

Also once I made the mistake to change the birth date of my nephew on gmail and they blocked the account because he's underaged. They ask for documents to unblock the account. I sent to them what they ask for and I can get the account unblocked in a couple of hours.

So, any idea why would they cancel if not because of account. Maybe because my gmail account is not USA?

Probably the issue is that the credit card is an US and the shipping is an different state or Country that is probably why you are having the issues.

Well, credit card is in the USA, and shipping supposed to be in USA, Virginia, and Google sends anywhere in the USA, so I don't think this is the issue.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

I'm not sure but I think I found the problem. I used USA VPN to be able to access Google Play. And I just sow that I got the mail saying that they noticed some suspicions activity regarding my account and disabled it. After that mail, I got the other saying my order was cancelled. Now, we also ordered something on ebay, and they blocked her paypal as well for 72 hours. And think that happened because I disconnected VPN before logging out from ebay, paypal, and my gmail. What do you think guys?

Cheers ;)

I'm not sure but I think I found the problem. I used USA VPN to be able to access Google Play. And I just sow that I got the mail saying that they noticed some suspicions activity regarding my account and disabled it. After that mail, I got the other saying my order was cancelled. Now, we also ordered something on ebay, and they blocked her paypal as well for 72 hours. And think that happened because I disconnected VPN before logging out from ebay, paypal, and my gmail. What do you think guys?

Cheers ;)

Why they don't purchase from there ?

Because apparently the mother is not tech savy and her daughter is in my country. I just think that problem is that I used different IP while logged in, and system detected different countries but I would like to hear other opinions.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

If you sign into Google from a different IP range from your regular IP range it will say suspicious login attempt and possibly disable the account. It's happened to me before, especially when using VPN because Google sees it as an attempt to login to your account from another country so logically the assumption is that it's somebody trying to hack into your account from another country.

For buying you need to enter the billing information correctly else your bank may auto decline the purchase attempt. This means name, credit card, billing address must be correct. You cannot use a credit card from your account that has someone else's name on it, won't work. If it is your parent well you can contact Google and may have to send them scans of identification or other documents for them to manually verify the validity of the transaction.

Thanks. That makes sense. What about this? Her mother is in Virginia. If we attempt this again, using her gmail account and VPN which has New York IP, would that be a problem? What's considered regular IP range?

Cheers ;)

I have purchased stuff in the US couple of times before . But, never faced any issues .

My dad's credit card issued in India + A valid US shipping address + Amazon + A friend or relative coming back to India = Received the Product !

Never did i use any Proxy or VPN . Just the usual regular way .

So, as you say it might be due to you using the VPN. I have heard issues like this before but cant say for sure .

On the same note, did you receive this "transaction failed" message from Google or from your CC issuer ?

If from Google, then did you check up with the CC customer care regarding the issue ?

See, what they have to say. Most likely they shall tell you something useful ...

( .. of all the Customer care i have ever used , the CC support staff seemed to me to be the most helpful ! )

If time is short, then just ask the person who is coming back to get the thing in cash and you can then simply wire the money to her via Western Union.

Its fast ...!

EDIT--

I'll advice you to not use any VPN server while transacting through CC.

Obviously for security reasons and secondly the CC servers can see through and know when a transaction is made through a proxy computer or via a regular IP and they then decline the transaction .

OK, I'll see that the mother do it this time with our instructions. The thing is that I can't access Google Play with my IP. It just says product is not available in your country. And no, I did not received transaction failed. First I received message that Google detected some suspicions activity on my account and that they disabled it, and after that I got the email saying that order is cancelled and that I have not been charged.

I suppose they could detect proxy, but I doubt that they can detect VPN, since that's the point of VPN.

Cheers ;)

OK, I'll see that the mother do it this time with our instructions.

What about TeamViewer?

I suppose you can purchase through it. :unsure:

I suggested it, but it seems that mother is really bad with technology, and her daughter does not want to bother her with that. Only thing left for me is to try again, using her gmail + vpn and to cross my fingers. Last time I used some free vpn I found, now I'll try using CyberGhost and see how it goes. If there are some suggestions with how to do this with VPN, please write it.

Cheers ;)