Software posting

nIGHT

@Avitar I agree with you. Anyway, this is the piratey thing to do. We are not a software shareware site. :pirate:

But everyone must somehow agree on the segregation of software and their basic format presentation.

Some software like freeware, opensource and portables must have their own category and format, as well as those that needs Med/KG with VT scans.

• Replies 28
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nIGHT

• Alanon

• manu

• ande

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Thanks for all the positive input.

I will clarify a few things:

* We don't mandate virus total reports (or the like) due to the amount of false positives these reports can yield.

* We expect members to test things before posting. We have banned members who consistently post things without testing.

* Other content which we expect to be included is detailed in the "Guidelines & Templates" topic. We have issued warnings to members who consistantly don't include important information

* We don't care if something is a "full" or "trial" version.

* There is nothing to stop members adding replies (and other relevant content) to an update topic

Thanks for all the positive input.

I will clarify a few things:

* We don't mandate virus total reports (or the like) due to the amount of false positives these reports can yield.

* We expect members to test things before posting. We have banned members who consistently post things without testing.

* Other content which we expect to be included is detailed in the "Guidelines & Templates" topic. We have issued warnings to members who consistantly don't include important information

* We don't care if something is a "full" or "trial" version.

* There is nothing to stop members adding replies (and other relevant content) to an update topic

@Lite We didn't asked mods to banned members not following the rules, anyway that is your job and prejudice. That is why I didn't post this in the WishList as this suggestion is about posting habits and not as a rule that must be imposed.

Here is a suggestive posting habit that we want to infect the whole community with. This is how we prefer the piratey things get shown on us that appeals to us most. Using persuasion and the power of appreciation, without the rule of the iron rod, many shall soon adapt it on their own terms, of course.

xenocoder and tezza practiced it a lot. sirri already committed on it. And, I will too.

Adding VT scan result is good suggest,nIGHT. ;)

I've already done within some of my post :D . If result scare you, I added some " pre-caution " to use medicine/KG within sandboxed.

But even I get overwhelmed by the amount of concern that they shared with me, this is just a precipitation that the community is now willing to grow to the next level, practicing good software posting habit.

The suggestion main point is the inclusion of VT scan but it now seems we need to categorize the software posting to a new level.

We should encourage to include [Freeware],[Opensource] and [Portable] as prefix to the software title.

So when some searching for portables or just freeware he can immediately have those information displayed on him.

But, as I stated, this is only a suggestion for good posting habit. The choice is still on the hands of the poster and not imposed as a rule.

If they want to be effective on posting then he already knows what we rather prefer information be presented to us, and they get our appreciation and respect. ;)

Edit: remove excess "the"

Edited by nIGHT

• 2 weeks later...