PC got victimized by the Windows Kernel Update

insanedown58

insanedown58

My dad's PC got victimized by the update here: >

What's happening is it crashes all over. I can't get around the BIOS screen because the motherboard is not blowing power out to the keyboard and the mouse and when I select the startup repair, it just loops in the screen. How do I fix this?

PS: My dad installed the update before the report was announced so we both had no idea.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insanedown58

• Ambrocious

• masterupc

• SnakeMasteR

Top Posters In This Topic

that sounds more like a hardware issue or bios with incorrect settings, and not a kernel update issue.

go to bios and select "default settings" and then configure the bios again from scratch, or if you don't have an idea about this, select "optimal default settings".

and save the changes.

Edited by SPECTRUM

My dad's PC got victimized by the update here:

What's happening is it crashes all over. I can't get around the BIOS screen because the motherboard is not blowing power out to the keyboard and the mouse and when I select the startup repair, it just loops in the screen. How do I fix this?

PS: My dad installed the update before the report was announced so we both had no idea.

Just uninstall the update (if you can log on in normal mode or safe mode) and you gonna be fine

insanedown58

Okay after further checking, it does get through the BIOS but it takes quite a long time. Like I said, it gets stuck on either choice with a BSOD when choosing "Start Windows Normally" (it was on the first try where the keyboard still worked) and the loop on "Launch Startup Repair (Recommended)".

You can uninstall the update from Console Level (only Windows 7), have a read here.

In commandline, your command would look like this:

wusa /uninstall /kb:2859537

insanedown58

Hmm.. okay got it! My problem is, how do I get it to blow data and power to the keyboard? or is it already motherboard level?

If you don't know where the CMOS reset jumpers are or you can't reach them, just remove de MB battery 1-3 minutes...

Be sure all power cables are disconnected from cpu...

With this you'll be able to enter BIOS setup and probably your KB/mouse will work.

GL

If you don't know where the CMOS reset jumpers are or you can't reach them, just remove de MB battery 1-3 minutes...

Be sure all power cables are disconnected from cpu...

With this you'll be able to enter BIOS setup and probably your KB/mouse will work.

GL

To add to these directions, while the battery is taken out of your motherboard, making sure it is COMPLETELY unplugged from the power and all other cords, push the button on the computer that would normally turn it on a few times. This will help to bleed out extra power from the computer that might have been trapped. Do this right after you have taken out the battery, wait about 3 minutes. Let's see if this worked.

Edited by Ambrocious

What update Bro? What O.S. - Intel or AMD.

Just tip from me, install only updates from Direct ManuF. Also had this problem in the past. Had to re-install O.S. :rolleyes:

Also:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbysymptom/tp/computer-wont-turn-on.htm

insanedown58

What update Bro? What O.S. - Intel or AMD.

Just tip from me, install only updates from Direct ManuF. Also had this problem in the past. Had to re-install O.S. :rolleyes:

Also:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbysymptom/tp/computer-wont-turn-on.htm

Its the Kernel Update :)

insanedown58

Thanks for the heads up masterupc and Ambrocious, I got the PC to boot up :D Thanks n0_risk! for the command I appreciate it. :)