What is your favorite program optimizer for your operating system?

landerio

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which PC maintain software are you using?

• Advanced SystemCare Free
    • CCleaner
    • SpeedUpMyPC
    • Tuneup Utilities
    • Yamicsoft Windows Manager
    • Others

• Replies 45
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• landerio

• dMog

• STEEL

• kakuro

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Landerio, welcome to the forums, firstly :D

A lot many on the forum are using Yamicsoft Windows Manager. So do include that in your options list and also, make this a multiple selection poll rather than a single selection one, 'cuz some of us like myself use different ones on different PCs :)

CCleaner (Win8 x64), ASC Pro (Win7 x64) and Yamicsoft (Win7 x86) for me personally :dance2:

Edited by calguyhunk

Only CCleaner :)

When i stopped using these kind of "tools" my pc is alot faster ;)

CCleaner + Diskeeper 12 Pro :wub:

Cheers :showoff:

Edited by Lyon275

I must admit that I have not done much maintenance lately, I only use CC cleaner randomly. Sometimes I use Registry Organizer.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think any of these program do anything to the system in term of optimization.

You'd be surpised, cache settings, menu speed, unneeded services and such like. I personally use manual registry editing to do these, but for the masses / deployment Yamicsoft.

It's not just about performance, it's visual aspects that these suites offer also, like removing shortcut overlay for example.

I don't think any of these program do anything to the system in term of optimization.

You'd be surpised, cache settings, menu speed, unneeded services and such like. I personally use manual registry editing to do these, but for the masses / deployment Yamicsoft.

It's not just about performance, it's visual aspects that these suites offer also, like removing shortcut overlay for example.

What can cache optimisation do ?

You are right it can personnalize some features to the people's liking. I didn't play with menu speed since Windows XP, since it's now fast on modern OSes, and I don't use shortcuts at all (Win + Q or Win + R seem better/faster to me ^^), but how do you recognize a shortcut otherwise ?

I think disabling services is now not really usefull until running low in RAM, so I only play with some that can give security issues and crappy ones some programs install that do really nothing (Intel's ones by example).

I've changed many of these programs over the years. Some of them are "managers", as they offer a million tweaks in one place, they're good if you like that sort of thing. Others, like Tune-Up, are "optimization suites" which offer a one click solution that will supposedly make your PC lightning fast - don't buy into that. The key to PC optimisation is knowing what can you safely turn off, and then turning it off manually, de-installing as few pieces of software as possible, and generally making an effort to crap in the registry as little as possible, while cleaning out the temp and other unimportant folders regularly.

Following those steps on a regular basis is what will make your PC run optimally in the long run. Of course, 90% of geeks don't really need to bother at all, since current hardware is already pretty fast, so any increase in speed is imperceptible. For those of us that are running pre-historic hardware, these pointers become a necessity. All this being said, the only part where one really needs software help is the de-crapifier. I find Privazer works best in that area, though CCleaner, jv16 and JetCleaner are also good.

I find Privazer works best in that area, though CCleaner, jv16 and JetCleaner are also good.

100% agreed this part. You don't have to trust my opinion but I tested privazer on 2 my old pc with thousand junk files and now they runs pretty fast and smooth,..no lag or slowdown. Privazer cleaning capability was very impressive and thorough.

cheers :wub:

1. ccleaner and winaso registry optimizer also wise care 365 for privacy cleaner

2. Ace Utilities, Tuneup utilities, winaso registry optimizer, wise care 365 for registry cleaner

3. winaso registry optimizer and tuneup utilities for tweak some windows setting for encrease performance

4. Privazer for cleaning up hardisk and wise care 365 for cleaning up unnecessary file (windows update backup files, etc)

Sometimes using reg organizer and netgate registry cleaner also 360 amigo to clean registry

:showoff:

1. ccleaner and winaso registry optimizer also wise care 365 for privacy cleaner

2. Ace Utilities, Tuneup utilities, winaso registry optimizer, wise care 365 for registry cleaner

3. winaso registry optimizer and tuneup utilities for tweak some windows setting for encrease performance

4. Privazer for cleaning up hardisk and wise care 365 for cleaning up unnecessary file (windows update backup files, etc)

Sometimes using reg organizer and netgate registry cleaner also 360 amigo to clean registry

:showoff:

You should use one more program Total uninstall Pro to completely Uninstall all the above craps(Except Ccleaner) to fully optimize your system.. :P