xbox 360

myidisbb

basically the elite 360 giving me 1 red ring. 1 red rings are not covered be the lawsuit that was settled that makes 3 red rings a 3 year free repair.

i watch the videos, understnad the process and have the system apart. supposely the fix is the same way you fix the 3 red rings, ei x clamp replacement.

i will get the rest of the parts tomorrow and hopely everything will work fine afterwards.

has anyone else had E74, ei 1 red ring? how you was able to get it fix etc? thank you

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

little update for xbox people.

went to loews and homedepot for the washers adn screws. cost $4.86 plus tax.

went to radioshack and spent $1.80 on eletrical tape and also $10 on the arctic silver. so those two didnt really cost much for this one xbox 360. maybe a dolloar from those two. so for less then $7.00 and 1 day of research and 1 day of doing it bets 2 months of $90-120 microsoft repair.

one thing i didnt like was that i wasnt able to do the bake stage part. red lights never came back on after installing 3 penny trick and replacing the 2 x clamps. i did let it run a little while for it to heat up anyway. will see this week with my kid playing if i have any problems.

• 1 month later...
Microsoft's Extended Warranty(3 Years) covers E74.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/19365/Micros...y-to-Cover-E74/

http://www.nsaneforums.com/index.php?showtopic=19407

Although, it's too late for you, you already opened it, which voids your 360's warranty. ;)

i sent it in with a letter and they still fix it :P i even one x bracket removed on the gnu chip but left put the other back on the cpu chip. couldnt find a fourth screw to place the original back on. my understand its the solder joints that where cheapy made that is the problem. the e74 quick fixest online only work for 2-3 days each time.

Archived