Most popular registry cleaners comparison

Valette

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Macecraft were the undisputed leaders in the 'Registry' business for a long stretch of years - just wish this comparison had been conducted by some Independent Third Party.

Good review for all registry cleaner freaks. :D

This is not a independient comparison, and of course the best in this comparison is their product made by macecraft. I tested in don't like me, is complicated, very false positives, and i don't trust this tool, i prefer over this more traditional products ( like registry mechanic, tuneup utilities 2009, xprepairpro, etc...).

Yes, it's not independent, but it's very accurate IMO, of all softwares listed, i have tested myself 60% and the result is mostly the same.

This is not a independient comparison, and of course the best in this comparison is their product made by macecraft. I tested in don't like me, is complicated, very false positives, and i don't trust this tool, i prefer over this more traditional products ( like registry mechanic, tuneup utilities 2009, xprepairpro, etc...).

Well, for me it's pretty easy to use if you read carefully the notes and by traditional you mean "with less options"? Just straight to the scan button > fix button? I think those are really the dangerous ones.

:think: nice post. The results I feel can be different for many tho.

The cleaning that I get when I use RB2k9 is much better than the

study suggests. I will say that RB isnt the only scan I do, I run some

concurrently to make sure everything is just right. There may be

an outright clear cut best registry cleaner, but nothing is perfect...

Well yea there's no real way to do it the first thing is to try not to get a cluttered registry from the start ie. not installing every crapware there is. I've found the programs I have use for and stays with them, but I still try new programs and but always uninstalls what I don't want with Revo Uninstaller.

8) nice post. The results I feel can be different for many tho.

Well yea there's no real way to do it the first thing is to try not to get a cluttered registry from the start ie. not installing every crapware there is. I've found the programs I have use for and stays with them, but I still try new programs and but always uninstalls what I don't want with Revo Uninstaller.

I do the exact same as you. In my younger days, I installed pretty much anything that looked good to me.

If it sucked, I got rid of it, causing invalid registry entries. If it didnt, I kept it until I had no use for it, which

I then uninstalled those too. Trial and error was my best way of learning back then, I now know better than

that. I dont get too many errors anymore, but for me RBk9 does the job. I do use TU2k9 sometimes too :think:

Seems very biased, wouldn't trust it that much. No info on what kind of keys that were used what-so-ever. Even if there were, I still wouldn't take it that seriously. No matter how good the intentions are, reviews should be independent.

I do the exact same as you. In my younger days, I installed pretty much anything that looked good to me.

If it sucked, I got rid of it, causing invalid registry entries. If it didnt, I kept it until I had no use for it, which

I then uninstalled those too. Trial and error was my best way of learning back then, I now know better than

that. I dont get too many errors anymore, but for me RBk9 does the job. I do use TU2k9 sometimes too 8)

RBk9?

No I don't install everthing I see, first I check it out and so. Sees if it have a portable version (much easier because I have more than 1 comp) and check if it is better with a portable. I got all I need (I think :think:) but if I get a recommendation from a friend, someone here or lifehacker (rss-feed) I check them out first.

Total Uninstall as uninstaller for me, used for a long time Yours uninstaller which is very good, but imo Total did a better job for me. Never tried Revo~. :think:

RBk9?

No I don't install everthing I see, first I check it out and so. Sees if it have a portable version (much easier because I have more than 1 comp) and check if it is better with a portable. I got all I need (I think 8)) but if I get a recommendation from a friend, someone here or lifehacker (rss-feed) I check them out first.

(Uniblue) Registry Booster 2009: hence R for registry, B for booster, 2k for 2000 + 9 :think:

lol Im sorry if I confused you. I said that's what I used to do when I was younger. I check everything out before

I try it now. I research, compare, & ask around before I try something new. Usually if someone here at Nsane recommends

something I'll try it. They seem to know what they're doing, for the most part :think:

RBk9?

No I don't install everthing I see, first I check it out and so. Sees if it have a portable version (much easier because I have more than 1 comp) and check if it is better with a portable. I got all I need (I think :think: ) but if I get a recommendation from a friend, someone here or lifehacker (rss-feed) I check them out first.

(Uniblue) Registry Booster 2009: hence R for registry, B for booster, 2k for 2000 + 9 :P

lol Im sorry if I confused you. I said that's what I used to do when I was younger. I check everything out before

I try it now. I research, compare, & ask around before I try something new. Usually if someone here at Nsane recommends

something I'll try it. They seem to know what they're doing, for the most part 8)

Aha didn't find it in the comparision :think:

Aha didn't find it in the comparision :think:

It's under the following catagories:

- Insallation of the products

- Registry cleaning engine accuracy comparison

- Registry error fixing comparison

Actually, its under all of them. It's usually at the bottom of

the comparison charts. Take another looksee 8)

Ah speeding through so missed it 8)

:think: Happens to me all the time, like I said above, dont go off of their comparisons.

Others have said this should have been independent, I agree.

Well, since everyone is complaining about this review being biased, I'll edit it with a fresh, independent comparison made by SSUpdater team.

Compare information between the two and make your own statement!

Well, since everyone is complaining about this review being biased, I'll edit it with a fresh, independent comparison made by SSUpdater team.

Compare information between the two and make your own statement!

Whoa, take it easy man. I'm not complaining, I actually said you made a nice post.

Really, people shouldn't be tapped on their toes this fast :think:

Thanks for the post Valette 8)

Archived