DefenseWall 3.22

jalaffa

DefenseWall HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention System) is the simplest and easiest way to protect yourself from malicious software (spyware, botnets, adware, keyloggers, rootkits, etc.) and identification theft, that can not be stopped by your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs, when you surf the Internet! Using the next generation proactive protection technologies, sandboxing and virtualization, DefenseWall HIPS helps you achieve a maximum level of protection against malicious software, while not demanding any special knowledge or ongoing online signature updates. No signatures, no popup windows, no false positives. It is just reliable and transparent protection, easy to use and strong. For Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8 32-bit (64-bit is not supported)

Download

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smallhagrid

• demoneye

• jalaffa

• avmad

Top Posters In This Topic

smallhagrid

A really, really dumb question, maybe...:

I've yet to try any version of Defensewall, but I've looked at their site a bunch of times and it is confusing.

They offer both their FW and HIPS, and the downloads are the same size, and the description is not helpful I think.
It leads the viewer to think one of them is all-inclusive, but WHICH one remains unclear:

DefenseWall Personal Firewall integrated with DefenseWall HIPS combines the power of our Personal Firewall and Host-based Intrusion Prevention system to keep your whole system safe from intrusions, viruses, spyware, adware, worms, rootkits, key loggers and malicious malware.

My question:

Does the FW include the HIPS - OR=> does the HIPS include the FW ?!?

Please forgive me for being a dummy, I just don't like to ass-u-me things; I'd rather ask smarter folks when I can !!!

smallhagrid

Hi Demoneye, and thanks.

I very much respect you and your opinions.

For me, 32 bit is fine because the last M$ OS I will use is XP 32-bit, and after transitioning to Linux I'll keep using it in a VM for non-internet programs that have no Linux alternatives.

So it's OK that this is just for 32-bit, for me.

My question remains unanswerd though:

I will (VERY soon) want to ditch Privatefirewall and think I may use this instead if I can know which one does what ?!?

A really, really dumb question, maybe...:

I've yet to try any version of Defensewall, but I've looked at their site a bunch of times and it is confusing.

They offer both their FW and HIPS, and the downloads are the same size, and the description is not helpful I think.

It leads the viewer to think one of them is all-inclusive, but WHICH one remains unclear:

DefenseWall Personal Firewall integrated with DefenseWall HIPS combines the power of our Personal Firewall and Host-based Intrusion Prevention system to keep your whole system safe from intrusions, viruses, spyware, adware, worms, rootkits, key loggers and malicious malware.

My question:

Please forgive me for being a dummy, I just don't like to ass-u-me things; I'd rather ask smarter folks when I can !!!

There's two option for the program. A dedicated HIPS or both FW/HIPS. The firewall of Defensewall is to be run with an existing FW you have.

smallhagrid

Interesting indeed:

There's two option for the program. A dedicated HIPS or both FW/HIPS. The firewall of Defensewall is to be run with an existing FW you have.

So if you have to run this AND a another firewall besides, ummm...why use their pretend firewall at all ???

?DIF > P/FireWall Pro & this 1?

Does any1 have any Stats or info Please :rolleyes:

SemiDemented

Do think this will slow down / delay a connection to an extent. So I wouldn't recommend it for gaming.

seriously , i dont why ppl bother them self with this out of dated software , sooner or later you will buy / switch to any x64 OS and u be forced to dump DW... so do it now , dont get use to it... just a common sense ... :)