[SOLVED] Problem with folder in desktop

sanjoa

Hi, guys! How are ya? I've got a problem with a folder in the desktop while trying to open it:

oyHqD7F.jpg

(The file or folder is damaged or unreadable)

How can I fix it? Is there any way? Thanks in advance :)

Edited by sanjoa

• Replies 8
  • Views 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sanjoa

• Lucent

• XenoCoder

• AlexCross

Top Posters In This Topic

20x20_grey_minus.pngSymptoms

When you attempt to open, delete or rename a file or folder using Windows NT Explorer, File Manager or a command prompt, you may receive one of the following error messages:

• <drive>:\<folder> is not accessible
    The file or directory is corrupt and non-readable.The file or directory is corrupt and non-readable. The file or directory \<folder> is corrupt and unreadable.
    Please Run the Chkdsk utility.

20x20_grey_minus.pngCause

This behavior can occur if the file, folder or file system index (Master File Table [MFT] or File Allocation Table [FAT]) is damaged.

20x20_grey_minus.pngResolution

WARNING: When Chkdsk detects problems with the file system and attempts to repair the damage, data loss can occur. Microsoft does not recommend running Chkdsk with the /f command-line switch unless you have a full backup of your hard disk.

Attempt to repair the damaged file, folder or file system index using Chkdsk. To do so, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. In the Open box, type chkdsk /f <drive>:, where <drive> is the letter of the drive on which the damaged file, folder or file system index exists.
  3. Click OK.
NOTE: If the hard disk is large, Chkdsk may take several minutes to several hours to complete.

20x20_grey_minus.pngMore information

Chkdsk saves each repaired file in the root folder as a File<nnnn>.chk file, and each repaired folder in the root folder as a Found.<nnn> folder, where <n> is a number.

For information about how to use Chkdsk, click Start, click Help, click the Index tab, type "chkdsk" (without quotation marks), and then double- click the "Chkdsk Command" topic.

For more information, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

ARTICLE-ID: 156571
TITLE : How to Perform Scandisk in Windows NT 4.0

ARTICLE-ID: ID: 160963
TITLE : CHKNTFS.EXE: What You Can Use It For

ARTICLE-ID: 161801
TITLE : Chkdsk reports an erroneous Event ID 41

Source :http://support.microsoft.com/kb/176646

Edited by AlexCross

Try to run a chkdsk, it could be some filesystem corruption, if it isn't, get Unlocker and check what is preventing that folder from being deleted ;)

I'll try that later. Last night I've recovered 10 sectors using HDD Regenerator.

I'll try that later. Last night I've recovered 10 sectors using HDD Regenerator.

It's HDD Regenerator's fault, maybe the record that pointed to that folder was on a damaged sector and it was replaced.

Try to do a chkdsk as soon as possible, you should do that just after the regeneration process!

It's HDD Regenerator's fault, maybe the record that pointed to that folder was on a damaged sector and it was replaced.

Try to do a chkdsk as soon as possible, you should do that just after the regeneration process!

This problem appeared before using HDD Regenerator

Pretty strange, anyways, a chkdsk should solve your problem, I hope!

for me is much worse happened with hdd regenerator!! three days ago this piece of shit has my 1tb health hdd completely destroyed!! no one trash tool can repair it again!! hope not due that crack it happen to me what i have used? :lol:

your little issue is nothing new for me, just run acronis boot cd if you dont have too much time for searching another solution? its really simple just click on recovery, select backup file or other files, search in acronis explorer for that undeletable folder, right click on it and delete, reboot os, thats it! :D

or try this tool