[HELP] Micro SD card corrupted

visualbuffs

visualbuffs

guys please help me.. my girlfriend playing on my tablet and he accidentally remove the sd card from the tablet while playing game (the game is located in the sd card) now i've been tried many formatting tool like sd card formatter and hp etc. etc..

my sd card now become RAW file system also become 30mb ..(original size is 8gb)

help me guys thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• visualbuffs

• rudrax

• SlimRock

• Cerberus

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

guys please help me.. my girlfriend playing on my tablet and he accidentally remove the sd card from the tablet while playing game (the game is located in the sd card) now i've been tried many formatting tool like sd card formatter and hp etc. etc..

my sd card now become RAW file system also become 30mb ..(original size is 8gb)

help me guys thanks!

Try Acronis Disk Director.

is your girlfriend a male ? (just kidding no offences :P ). Use RMPrepUSB Tool & Select Clean option, I hope it works for you !!!

What RMPrepUSB actually do?

• Prepare - Runs RMPartUSB which will wipe, partition and format the selected USB drive using the preset options (set by items 1-5). Then copy over files from a preset folder (optional).
  • USB Info - shows partition info of the selected USB drive (displays any sector)
  • Quick Size Test - Checks the drive capacity in just a few minutes by writing and reading to certain blocks. This test will DESTROY any files on your USB drive and is not a thorough test, if it passes then use H2TESTW for a thorough test (which can take many hours!)
  • Speed Test - Reads and writes approx. 63MB of data sequentially to your USB drive to calculate the read and write speed. This test will not destroy any data on your USB drive, however if anything goes wrong you may lose all your drives contents! Results are appended to a CSV file every time it is run, so you can build up a speed library. Note that real life use of the USB drive when using a filesystem will always give slower results. Also, results will vary depending on what OS you have and the USB drivers and chipset used in the mainboard.
  • Install grub4dos - This installs grub4dos onto your USB drive. You can replace the version shipped with RMPrepUSB with a version of your own by replacing grubinst.exe and grldr in the RMPrepUSB folder, if you like. Grub4dos boot files normally contain a menu.lst file to present the user with menu boot options.
  • Clean - wipes the first 100 sectors on the USB drive. If your system is having trouble accessing your USB drive, try this option and remove and re-insert the USB drive.
  • ImageTools
    • File -> USB - Reads the contents of a binary image file and write it to the USB drive
    • USB -> File - Reads the contents of the USB drive (sectors) and writes them to a file
      • Note: These two commands are quite powerful and can be used to save and restore USB drive images (or just partition images or even just single sectors). They can be used in a similar way to dd.exe but more safely. For instance you could replace just the MBR on a USB drive or write a bootrom file to a USB drive (e.g. PXE boot rom). If you are unsure what options to choose, use '0' or the suggested default. v2.1.625+ can also convert virtual drives to raw images and copy these to your USB drive.
    • File Info - Displays partition information about the MBR (or any sector) on the USB drive
  • Eject - Ejects the drive so you can safely remove it without causing any filesystem corruption. ALWAYS use this button (or the Windows Safely Remove Drive USB icon in the system tray) before pulling out the USB plug. As long as you do this you should never get a 'corrupted drive - format drive?' message from Windows ever again!
  • Refresh - re-detects USB drives (RMPrepUSB detects any new drives that are inserted after a few seconds automatically).
  • Install Syslinux - runs the syslinux.exe command to install the syslinux boot code to the USB drive - does not wipe or format the USB drive.
  • Create Ext2 FS - creates a file on the USB stick (e.g. casper-rw) of any name and size which can be recognised and mounted as an ext2 filesystem by linux OS's. Useful for persistent Live linux OS distros.
  • Test using QEMU Emulator (F11) - uses the QEMU emulator to boot your USB drive within Windows. You can boot to linux or WinPE or Windows within a QEMU emulator window. This does not change your system in any way. Useful to test out grub4dos or syslinux menus or check that your USB drive actually boots without needing to unplug it and plug it into another system every time.

I recommend Hard Disk Sentinel Pro which you can find here on this forum. It has worked for me where others have failed. I use it alot. It is made for not only HDD's but also SDD's (not std's....lol). Try and let me know if it works for you. Take care and good luck.

Edited by Cerberus