Microsoft Security Essentials 4.3.216.0

anuraag

Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your home PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. Microsoft Security Essentials is a free download from Microsoft that is simple to install, easy to use, and always kept up to date so you can be assured your PC is protected by the latest technology. It's easy to tell if your PC is secure — when you're green, you're good. It's that simple. Microsoft Security Essentials runs quietly and efficiently in the background so that you are free to use your Windows-based PC the way you want—without interruptions or long computer wait times.

Thanks to thylacine for the update.

Download

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DKT27

• Journey

• Roger D

• keyman

• Administrator

changelog ?

That's for other softwares, not MSE. Never seen one for it.

Dr. Eset - NSANE

Thanks for the update

2728014567.png

semttulo1ed.png

Ahhh!! My favorite free alternative Anti-Virus which is extremely effective and is very good at ignoring false positives. Thanks so much for this update. I have it installed and running along with Malwarebyte's AntiMalware and SuperAntiVirus. That's my cream of the crop protection. Another great Malware software that is a must is SpyHunter 4. It found 3 different browser infections like Conduit,

websearch.searchrocket.info and one PriceGong. This program fixed it completely and it affected the following browsers... Firefox, IE and Google Chrome

I like to pass on good info that I think other should know.

• Administrator

Ahhh!! My favorite free alternative Anti-Virus which is extremely effective and is very good at ignoring false positives. Thanks so much for this update. I have it installed and running along with Malwarebyte's AntiMalware and SuperAntiVirus. That's my cream of the crop protection. Another great Malware software that is a must is SpyHunter 4. It found 3 different browser infections like Conduit,

websearch.searchrocket.info and one PriceGong. This program fixed it completely and it affected the following browsers... Firefox, IE and Google Chrome

MSE, like MSRT, is very efficient in finding and removing known malware. However, it's not as extensive as other anti-viruses, which particularly concentrate on security.

MSE, like MSRT, is very efficient in finding and removing known malware. However, it's not as extensive as other anti-viruses, which particularly concentrate on security.

Ya I agree with you. but it provides sufficient security for normal user.. :yes:

• Administrator

Ya I agree with you. but it provides sufficient security for normal user.. :yes:

Don't think so. The number of viruses and malwares it stops is quite less than what other AVs can. This not me referring to AV-Comparatives, but Microsoft's own glossary which shows that what they can catch is quite limited.

Don't think so. The number of viruses and malwares it stops is quite less than what other AVs can. This not me referring to AV-Comparatives, but Microsoft's own glossary which shows that what they can catch is quite limited.

Time to rethink.. :think: :think:

Never got an infection is proof enough for me that it works fine. I also run Malwarebyte's AntiMalware and SuperAntiSpyware. I also installed SpyHunter 4 to rid myself of Conduit and websearch.searchrocket.info. that infiltrated 3 browsers.. IE, Firefox and Chrome. All the manual removal instructions I've see were worthless as searchrocket and conduit infect many registry keys. Aside from this minor infection, I will always migrate to free because paying for something doesn't prove to me that it's better and then you'll always have that annual fee to pay to keep your definitions up-to-date. That's not for me.