Gpu Usage 100%

bunnycool

have a weird problem..for the past two three days while watching movie after 4 or 5 min , suddenly my gpu usage increases upto 100 % which freezes the movie for some time..i have even formatted the system,still the same issue..using windows 8..didnt see lag on games..i have a zotac 660ti..i play fifa 13 and cod mw.. drivers are updated..

i have played assassin creed for 15 min..no lags watesover..i happens only when a watch movie or stream shows..i have upgraded and degraded my drivers..this problem came out of the blues..now irritating for the past two days

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were you my first step would be to see is application and direct show cause that behavior.

Try another player and, if possible, try to not use one which uses codec pack to display movie/stream etc...(personaly using K-Lite media codec pack, without GPU acceleration...it is not perfect at all, and 30% for full HD on my system is good with me, so no room for troubles with GPU accleration)

If not, in options, disable using gpu acceleration and try it again.

Newest drivers doesn't mean best for you gpu...

Try and report us what happened.

tried different players..problem persists..right now searching for malware..

i was using newest drivers then after the problem switched back to old ones..

Which different players? They could all use the same codec. See which filters are in use when playing movie and try to change it to some other.

Cheers ;)

bunnycool!!! MALWARE NO1 SUSPECT, NEXT TO DRIVERS. C/A/DELETE & RUN PROCESS ELLIMINATOR AND REPORT BACK, PLEASE :rolleyes:

p.s. CHECK GPU FOR PROBLEMS

I forgot, wich Movies are U looking at and how are U streaming them? Have U Inspected the Sites and Movies for Malware? Did U come right :rolleyes:

i think its malware...it has corrupted for system software..thanx for help guys..people like you make the world better place!!!!

Cool man, thanx for info, glad we could assit :rolleyes:

Wow, whatever you're using to monitor your GPU % I would like to know. So far I can only monitor my CPU.

updated drivers??? well that could be the problem: http://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia-display-driver-has-reportedly-damaged-gpus

new nvidia drivers 320.18 is known for damaging GPU's due to it's "increased performance" promise by nvidia, though the problem is said to be fixed in 320.49, but people are still reporting BSOD's and crashes on that too.. :(

@lordnsane Then I'm lucky :D , but thanks for that info

First I have an old GPU and even older nVidia driver.

But it is interesting to hear that bunnycool didn't checked system before system format...who knows what he keep on apps partition :D when he got malware right after reinstall system...

In the end I'm glad he fixed problem.

• Administrator

Wow, whatever you're using to monitor your GPU % I would like to know. So far I can only monitor my CPU.

GPU-Z?

If you want OSD and more detailed into. MSI Afterburner is great software (works on almost all non-MSI cards).

Archived