stylemessiah

• Replies 6
  • Views 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stylemessiah

I can't dare reading that.

Its a hell of a tale

You have to appreciate those people who went off on trips like that with such primitive equipment, and knowing there was almost certainly no prospect of rescue if things went wrong.

Respect

these guys were very brave...but did not really put a much thought inot the actually planning and logistics not to mention the fact they had far to much faith in unproven and very unreliable technology

Airstream_Bill

I enjoyed that article thank you for the post. I the same Spirit, if you would like to watch a really good movie and see how real mountain climbers used to climb mountains. There is a movie about climbing the Eiger's North Face. Based on true story. The Movie is in German and of course there are sub-titles. It will give you chills. Here is a link to info on that Movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844457/

stylemessiah

I enjoyed that article thank you for the post. I the same Spirit, if you would like to watch a really good movie and see how real mountain climbers used to climb mountains. There is a movie about climbing the Eiger's North Face. Based on true story. The Movie is in German and of course there are sub-titles. It will give you chills. Here is a link to info on that Movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844457/

Thanks for that, i think i may have seen it (or perhaps just heard the story or seen a documentary on it), but nevertheless will seek it out and watch

Great suggestion

stylemessiah

these guys were very brave...but did not really put a much thought inot the actually planning and logistics not to mention the fact they had far to much faith in unproven and very unreliable technology

The default on a lot of early expeditions was to half ass it :)

If its worth doing, its worth doing half assed

Im a big fan of half assing things myself, i used to write quick and dirty scripts/programs for an online community with the the comment/copyright text of ©Half-Assed Software :)

I was a big fan of function over fancy or pretty gui stuff

Archived