ED2K - WTF?!

nsane

ok, this is feckin weird :)

wtfemulewtf0mb.th.png

Note: the person's using the official emule (icn next to the name), while i use mophxt (ninja icon). so it's not accidently putting me on there :)

• Replies 12
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What version are you using?

How do I check mine? I'm using 6.7 XT

6.6, i doubt that's the prob tho, the icon next to his name shows he's using the official emule (no ninja mask on the mule) :)

Ghey!

PM me the IP (if you ever got it...) :)

nah, i probably should have tho :

it's probably just someone that thinks i'm cool and get a higher priority on downloads (when i don't) :)

LemonHead2089

someone has nsane's "name" and it's not him. they're pretending to be him (i think that's what's going on)

that's exactly it :)

it don't matter tho, the name has nothing to do with the buddy system (it's your ClientID, i think) :)

probably so people who know of nsane will add him to their friends list and get the boost (as aposed to community sharing)

Guest cybertron

hi there.. i'm new here (thought that i'd point that out) i've been using edonkey pro for a few weeks and noticed you connect to overnet and also the ed2k network aswell, i'm just not aware of the servers for ed2k... like normally there's 700k - 1 million users on overnet and on the defualt edk2 server there's about 500k, i'm just wondering wether u can tell me about these servers... i'm assuming u connect to them, just wondering how they work and so on, seeming though it connects to ed2k ''server 1'' i'm guessing it's the best one, but still i don't know, so any info would be great. thanks :)

hi there.. i'm new here (thought that i'd point that out) i've been using edonkey pro for a few weeks and noticed you connect to overnet and also the ed2k network aswell, i'm just not aware of the servers for ed2k... like normally there's 700k - 1 million users on overnet and on the defualt edk2 server there's about 500k, i'm just wondering wether u can tell me about these servers... i'm assuming u connect to them, just wondering how they work and so on, seeming though it connects to ed2k ''server 1'' i'm guessing it's the best one, but still i don't know, so any info would be great. thanks  :)

Most of our users who use eMule only connect to servers they know and trust. Normally the servers that have the most users in are generally found to be safe. There was a case where some dodgy servers came about and were apparently operated by the RIAA / MPAA but I'm unsure of the exact details as I was away at the time.

The best thing I can suggest to you is visiting this link here: Server List For eDonkey & eMule to get an updated server.met and using one of the files to update your client.

If you use eMule, you'll notice an area titled 'Update Servers.met From URL' in the 'Servers' tab. Simply select one from the website I stated above and use that.

Oh, and welcome :P

Archived