Memory (RAM) issue in Windows 8

Nikdut

I have windows 8 Pro x86 installed in my laptop. My ram is 2gb but it shows only 50% usable, where is my 50% ram??

and whenever i switch on my laptop my Taskmanager shows memory uses more than 60%.. Anyone plz help..

13467986.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have windows 8 Pro x86 installed in my laptop. My ram is 2gb but it shows only 50% usable, where is my 50% ram??

and whenever i switch on my laptop my Taskmanager shows memory uses more than 60%.. Anyone plz help..

Windows 8 minimum utilize 800MB to 1GB of memory. This is why your system shows 50% of ram usage and you have 50% free space available. Ram usage will be Increases if you'll run more programs e.g playing movie ,games or using MS office Apps etc. Every time you open a program, it gets loaded from the hard drive into the RAM.

So this is not a problem

You should also check the unnecessary start up items,which get started automatically on windows startup and causing system load..

Use Ccleaner.. :) :)

I have win8 pro 64 bit installed in my 3 GB system, yet it uses 30% ( Note: 64 bit needs more RAM than 32 bit)

Here is a rough calculation:

30% of 3 GB = 900 MB including firefox (227 MB) and ESET (74 MB) running. So without them there will be just 600MB uses by a default installation of 64 bit win8 pro.

60% of 2 GB = 1200 MB with a 32 bit win8 pro. This is not acceptable at all.

60% of 1 GB = 600 MB with a 32 bit win8 pro. More or less acceptable.

I would like to see a sceenshot of a window that you will get by running msconfig command in the run box -> Click on Boot -> Click on Advanced option -> Now a window pops us -> send it here.

Things seems fine. How much RAM does it shows on BIOS?

Edit: Have you tried updating your BIOS? If you did, it's time to get switched back. And, you have a 64 bit system then why are you running 32 bit OS. I'd suggest to install a 64 bit win 8 pro because installing 64 bit windows, solves the issue here.

Good luck! Hope it helps :)

Blackchildcx

this is normal...you can run memtest if u want to be sure 100% that ur ram has no issues

http://www.memtest.org/

Archived