France too has it's own PRISM-like spying network

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

It sounds like France may also have their very own PRISM-like spying network, gathering data from the Internet into a centralized database housed underground. Which country will be announced next?

AQfFtyn.jpg

In case you've been living under a rock these past few weeks, you know that Edward Snowden blew the lid off of the United States' spying efforts, releasing details of a program called PRISM to the world. While there's some question on how far reaching the program is, and whether the government has access to corporate servers or if the corporations simply comply with government requests for data, the world was quick to speak about their outrage.

Today, Yahoo reports that the French government has a similar program in effect. According to the report, France is collecting data on "all emails, SMSs, telephone calls, Facebook and Twitter posts." The datacenter is allegedly housed in a three story bunker that is contained completely underground at the General Directorate for External Security (GDSE), France's intelligence agency. The newspaper claims that the difference between France's unnamed program and the United States' PRISM program is that the former collects only metadata, whereas PRISM can collect payloads, as well as the fact that PRISM allows the NSA to tap directly into their systems whereas France collects the data themselves.

We know France and the United States are spying on everyone in the world. What country's spying program will be leaked next?

view.gifView: Original Article

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case you've been living under a rock these past few weeks, you know that Edward Snowden blew the lid off of the United States' spying efforts, releasing details of a program called PRISM to the world.

Unfortunately, such eavesdropping might not be limited to countries like France and the US of A.

Ambrocious

In case you've been living under a rock these past few weeks, you know that Edward Snowden blew the lid off of the United States' spying efforts, releasing details of a program called PRISM to the world.

Unfortunately, such eavesdropping might not be limited to countries like France and the US of A.

It also DOESN'T mean I believe everything posted out there but for ever day that passes by, it looks likely that some people may be held accountable for what they have done. I hope for justice, others may not have that same hope.

As for France collecting just metatdata, we shall see.

why do you think no real fuss has been made of this by any of the countries in the world... that are all guilty of this.... national security ain't childsplay on the world stage..not saying it is the right thing to do by any means but countries ARE going to do what they think is in their best interests despite the fact they knowingly trod on freedom to do so..case in point, the recent attempted bombings in Victoria BC canada on July 1st... how do you think the RCMP found out about this plot and or kept tabs on the self described extremists ... 4 pressure cooker bombs were placed in a crowd of 40 thousand people.... thank God that the police knew about this one before during after the plot was begun...and thank god too that the suspects were complete boneheads and not real trained terrorists...just a couple of heroin addicts with a grudge with society in general who somehow or other found radical muslim teachings as their new mantra and decided to do something stupid about it

Ambrocious

why do you think no real fuss has been made of this by any of the countries in the world... that are all guilty of this.... national security ain't childsplay on the world stage..not saying it is the right thing to do by any means but countries ARE going to do what they think is in their best interests despite the fact they knowingly trod on freedom to do so..case in point, the recent attempted bombings in Victoria BC canada on July 1st... how do you think the RCMP found out about this plot and or kept tabs on the self described extremists ... 4 pressure cooker bombs were placed in a crowd of 40 thousand people.... thank God that the police knew about this one before during after the plot was begun...and thank god too that the suspects were complete boneheads and not real trained terrorists...just a couple of heroin addicts with a grudge with society in general who somehow or other found radical muslim teachings as their new mantra and decided to do something stupid about it

Just because every country is doing it, DOES NOT MAKE IT OK. Ya see there was a problem amongst the child likeminded adults before. First they said that people like me, informed people who are taught to be alert to the ever changing times in the world, they said that we were crazy for believing that we were all being tracked and monitored. We was crazy tin foil hat wearers for believing it. NOW, it's fine that it's happening because they come out with it in public.

I need to understand the psychology of this action. First some people say it's not true and call me a tin foil hat wearer and then now that it is true, I'm bad for talking about it because all governments do this. So disregarding the FACT that what these governments are doing is indeed crime, does it make you feel safer knowing that everything you do is tracked and traced? My government lied openly under oath about this very fact by the way, but you'll never know that because your too busy attacking what I say based on what you already know and what you have already decided is reality. Know this: Neither you nor I know everything, but I’m trying to help everyone as often as I can and I'm a fighter for the side of truth. I don’t want to be your enemy anymore but as long as you attack me under baseless petty things (thought crimes I guess) all in order to slander me, what I’m really about, I will continually and peacefully defend myself.

If you want to know what I’m all about, ask me please. This chat board isn't meant to become a public debacle like it has become. If you want to know what I believe, ask me, don't assume. I have seen a LOT of assumptions that really freaking hurt me man. One of them was when you said that one day I would march in a brown shirt, basically accusing me of becoming a violent evil man. I know that is NOT me. When people suffer from practically anything, I actually hurt for people. So none of this is a game, we need to maybe peacefully debate someplace else, maybe start a huge Q & A for me and I'll answer EVERYTHING to the best of my ability as long as the questions are not blatantly bad. I honestly feel like you just don’t understand what I’m really all about because I have heard you say more than one thing about me that I know is COMPLETELY untrue, and those outright lies about what I believe is an attack against my heart itself: my core beliefs.

Sorry, this got really off topic.

:wtf: It,s all over the place, here by us it,s SPYFIN :moon: :rant: :fist:

eVERY1 Spying on eVERY1 :lol:

ambro...my comment was a general comment.not intended to be directed at yourself. or anything you have said here... i will not now and will no longer in the future read your posts related to "controversial subject matter"... I do not want to block you as on a few occasions you do contribute to other topics that will not get so heated, and i will read and respond to those comments ... Also, i have no wish to allow myself to part of the "o god here he goes again" crew here that easily goes a bit over board with you and at you...i did however notice that you quoted my comment but I did not read your comment..nor do ever to intend to read anything you say...unless of course it is about "other" general items here such as software or other site related or other general world news totally unrelated to anything that can or will hold an interest to the conspiracy theory side of things..it is far better i do not do so as things readily get out control here if i have personally offended you with some over the top comments ..well i am sincerely sorry i got carried away and hurt you ... also just sorry that i allowed myself to do so. I still wish you would also tone down your rhetoric here and save it for sites that are built for that type of talk..I am sure you too would enjoy it more too if you had a audience that wanted to listen to what you have to say

Archived