Internet Explorer 11 WILL Be Coming To Windows 7

LiLmEgZ

Microsoft confirmed to Engadget at BUILD 2013 that Internet Explorer 11 will be coming to Windows 7, similar to how Internet Explorer 10 came to Windows 7 several months after the launch of Windows 8.

Microsoft confirmed to Engadget today that Internet Explorer 11 will be coming to Windows 7, although it wasn't mentioned exactly when the web browser will be available on the last-generation operating system. Internet Explorer 11 will be available alongside Windows 8.1 when it's released as a final version later this year, although in the meantime you can check out a Preview version as part of the Windows 8.1 Preview.

Previously Microsoft wouldn't say whether Internet Explorer 11 would come to Windows 7, although it was speculated it would as Internet Explorer 10 eventually made its way to Windows 7 several months after the launch of Windows 8. The news that IE11 is coming to Windows 7 will please many people who don't want to upgrade to Microsoft's latest OS, but still want the benefits of a modern browser including improved battery life, better speed and WebGL support.

News Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/internet-explorer-11-will-be-coming-to-windows-7 & http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/26/microsoft-internet-explorer-11/

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHO CARES :lol:

Obviously you don't give a damn... some people actually do, just ignore this news article if you simply don't care

Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 all get to use IE11 ... Hmmmm cool ... Thanks for sharing ... Have a Lovely day and Cheers...

Completely indifferent, seems like will added one more useless thing. They don't have nothing better to do, I guess. But perhaps no better ideas simply.

i get the updates for IE but cannot for the life of me remember when i actually used it last...other than for windows updates i never open the browser.

chlorophyll

Obviously you don't give a damn... some people actually do, just ignore this news article if you simply don't care, idiot

cool bro cool :D

excellent news :D

I currently use IE10 and it works really fast and stable, glad too see IE11 on W7 too ;)

excellent news :D

I currently use IE10 and it works really fast and stable, glad too see IE11 on W7 too ;)

Yep IE10 works pretty good on Windows 7... definitely fairly snappy (even on a older system it is snappy :))

Obviously you don't give a damn... some people actually do, just ignore this news article if you simply don't care

LOL.

@ wdm

Internet Explorer needs all the extra security it can garner, it truly does (even, if it means it's intended to be used merely once a year - viruses just don't care for that) - besides, I don't see the reason why our folks who choose to run Windows 7 should be deprived from what others enjoy.

Archived