Open Discussion on the Choice of 64-bit & 32-bit OS

Roger D

There are still so many confusions on installation of 64 bit OS and 32 bit OS.

I mean,

if we have sufficient or more than sufficient RAM then which OS(x64 or x86) should we prefer? :think:

(of course If only our System suports)

If we are going to Install 64 bit OS, then what should be the choices(32 bit or 64 bit) for the different kind of softwares that we have to install? :think:

and so on...

So in this topic you can share your problems and doubts regarding 64 bit & 32 bit OS and

I request all the Intellectual members of this forum to share their opinions & suggestions in clear and lucid manner...

:yes: :yes: :yes:

• Replies 33
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO if you have 4GB or more than 4GB RAM then you must opt for 64bit OS.

Some technical facts..

13385764.jpg

13385774.jpg

Some FAQs

I've you have a 64 bit compatible CPU and more then 3 GB RAM, choose for the 64 bit O.S.

I've you want to use old 16 bit software, stay with 32 bit O.S.

unknownasphyxiated

for me,simple

RAM

more than 4gb,you need to use 64bit

2.5gb/3gb/4gb ,its up to you

2gb and less,32bit

software

i prefer to stay with 32bit OS because i use crack..i don't pay for anything except my laptop :D

not many crack available for 64bit software

only Office that i know Microsoft recommend to use 32bit if you gonna use it for normal usage..heavy usage like having a 2gb spreadsheet should use 64bit

other software,better stick to your OS bit

Back with 64 bit XP, there were many problems with drivers and hardware with 64 bit. If you have the CPU and RAM to go 64....Install 64

IMO if you have 4GB or more than 4GB RAM then you must opt for 64bit OS.

Some technical facts..

Those are not technical facts - they're technical bullshit.

As discussed in the updates - a 64-bit can be installed on extremely low RAM (I installed my x64-bit on a paltry 1 GB of RAM.) The advantage is that when you upgrade - you do not have to go through the grief of re-downloading, re-installing and then the most painstaking chore of re-configuring all your apps & programs. Personally, it takes me 4 days and 4 nights to configure a new system (repeating that kind of donkey's work just because one upgraded the RAM - well, is only for donkeys.)

Today, my RAM has been upgraded (from 1 GB) to 16 GBs - a x64-bit installs fine but does not run optimally on less than 4 GB of RAM (especially true of new adoptions in Windows 8.) However, this situation motivates one to buy the extra sticks of RAM sooner than later.

not many crack available for 64bit software

Yeah, that was true when my most respected ancestors were using the ubiquitous PC - however since almost half a decade ago, that no longer holds true (on the contrary, I can point out to you cases where fixes for x32-bit are no longer being developed for the simple reason that like the dinosaur, my late ancestors have ceased to breathe - there are hardly any takers for the x32-bit.)

Edit:

BTW, I did not expect this sort of crap from one of our more brilliant members. :lol:

Ok..If I'm using 32 bit OS and want to switch to 64 bit OS then will I have to activate it with new Key? or the old Installation ID will work? :think: :think:

And Plz elaborate the benefits of 64 bit OS over 32 bit OS.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ok..If I'm using 32 bit OS and want to switch to 64 bit OS then will I have to activate it with new Key? or the old Installation ID will work? :think: :think:

Everything new, bro. - that's the problem (those are the things that statistics fails to reveal.) :(

Statistics is like reading a newspaper - one must read between the lines. :)

And Plz elaborate the benefits of 64 bit OS over 32 bit OS.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For the time being, I'll put it in this way - if you come across any person who has ditched Windows 8 for Windows 7 or for that matter Windows 7 for XP. Upon probing a little bit, you'll discover that more than 85% of the time the underlying reason was that he had been running x32-bit (if you don't find anybody - ask the man in the mirror.)

I will expand on the benefits at more length - in the meanwhile check out some testimonials (in fact, you could try even asking the author of that post why he ditched Windows 8.) :lol:

(in fact, you could try even asking the author of that post why he ditched Windows 8.) :lol:

Well..Windows 8 is really fast,fluid & beautiful.

but there were some Issues which i couldn't get rid of( I don't remember all) So I ditched Windows 8.

one of them was Thumbnail Issue.(As i have a collection of hollywood & Bollywood Movies and so many Videos)

and the other was unavailability of Redial option in Connection

( I frequently download movies and other stuffs in night, I put all files in ques in torrent and then go to bed, in case line interrupts, it automatically connects by dialing again and again)

13388309.jpg

There were others Issues but were manageable.. :)

I don't know but whenever i chat with dcs18, I feel myself compelled to use Windows 8 and x64 bit system.. hahahaa. :D :D

Well, honestly the heart never tells lies and one should always stick to what one's heart wants - I neither recommend Windows 8 nor attack Windows 7 (or any other OS.)

there were some Issues which i couldn't get rid of( I don't remember all) So I ditched Windows 8.
one of them was Thumbnail Issue.(As i have a collection of hollywood & Bollywood Movies and so many Videos)

This implementation seems to be identical - is a known issue on Windows 8, Windows 7 and very likely on Vista, too.

and the other was unavailability of Redial option in Connection
( I frequently download movies and other stuffs in night, I put all files in ques in torrent and then go to bed, in case line interrupts, it automatically connects by dialing again and again)
13388309.jpg

Ah, this is a valid observation - Microsoft was clearly stupid in removing this feature.

One can use the following workarounds:-

there were some Issues which i couldn't get rid of( I don't remember all) So I ditched Windows 8.

This implementation seems to be identical - is a known issue on Windows 8, Windows 7 and very likely on Vista, too.

But in Windows 7(and also in Vista) there is working solution for the issue. :yes: :yes: :yes:

:blink: :mellow: :doh: Aag!!! Iam sticking to XP. Pro for know :rolleyes:

• Administrator

In summary, better performance and security.

As discussed in the updates - a 64-bit can be installed on extremely low RAM (I installed my x64-bit on a paltry 1 GB of RAM.)

For those who came in late - Windows 8.1 has a RAM requirement which is lower than that of Windows 8.

Edit:

It's the same.

I have heard that in 64 bit systems, processing happens faster than in a 32 bit system.

64 bit systems may show some compatibility issues with some old softwares that are specifically designed for 32 bit OS.

64 bit systems are the future and 32 bits are legends. 64 bit system are capable of adopting 32 bit softwares but not the vice-versa.

And if you use an OEM system, you must stick with whatever your initial architecture was because OEM manufacturers releases support and updates only for the kind of architecture on which they have manufactured a specific system.

As discussed in the updates - a 64-bit can be installed on extremely low RAM (I installed my x64-bit on a paltry 1 GB of RAM.)

For those who came in late - Windows 8.1 has a RAM requirement which is lower than that of Windows 8.

How much a fresh windows 8.1 consumes?

How much a fresh windows 8.1 consumes?

Pardon me - the RAM requirements for Windows 8.1 / 8 and 7 are the same.

RadioActive

Using a 64 bit OS (Windows) is practically a must if you have 4 GB (or more) of memory due to the limitaions of the 32 bit OS (Windows).

After the entire Ramayana is over, somebody or the other invariably queries, "Who was Sita?"

It's very rarely that - somebody queries, "Who was Draupadi?" :lol: :rofl: :lmao:

Archived