Comodo Internet Security 6.2.282872.2847

jalaffa

Comodo Internet Security offers 360° protection against internal and external threats by combining a powerful Antivirus protection, an enterprise class packet filtering firewall, and an advanced host intrusion prevention system called Defense+. Developed by one of the world's leading IT security providers, COMODO AntiVirus leverages multiple technologies(including on demand & on access scanning, email scanning, process monitoring and worm blocking) to immediately start protecting your PC. The new-look interface facilitates quick and easy access to all major settings, including the powerful and highly configurable security rules interface.

Thanks to ccddeee for the update.

Download

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vatos Locos

here is a little list of improvements in this version :

NEW! Advanced View feature for home screen
NEW! Multi-selection functionality on various grids
NEW! Search button in all relevant grids
NEW! Support for "Fully Virtualized" auto-sandboxing
IMPROVED! GUI performance while opening main dialogs
IMPROVED! Support for keyboard and touch screen
FIXED! Files from network shares cannot be added to trusted files
FIXED!Various compatibility issues related to virtualization
FIXED!Various issues associated with COMODO Cleaning Essentials

Using 5.10, though you need 5.12 for Win8. That being said I don't know if this is the release that will upgrade from 5.xx or not. I'd like to try 6.x again once they've ironed out the bugs etc. They're also changing the GUI to offer info like in 5.1x. Have to check the Comodo forums to see what's going on with that.

Cannot get x6 to work on Server 2012....too buggy. Was able to get x5.12 to install and work. Actually works pretty good. Thanks for the info Cyn.

Labradoodle

I wonder why this Comodo Firewall version is being flagged by ESET as Win32/Kryptik.KFL trojan (cis.exe)..reverted back to v6.1.x for the time being. :wtf:

Just installed this new version 6.2 but "cis.exe" is flagged as a Trojan by ESET NOD 6 (virus signature 8470) and quarantined!

I don't know if I should install the latest ZoneAlarm Firewall (free) in place of Comodo Firewall v6.2?

It seems that they are both excellent free firewalls. Any advice?

Thanks.

i dont know if its me having this problem but theres a bug in this security suite, no matter how hard i try to port forward ports using this security suite it wont open tried it many times it slowed my torrent downloads but after i turn off the firewall it speeds up my torrent downloads again

I wonder why this Comodo Firewall version is being flagged by ESET as Win32/Kryptik.KFL trojan (cis.exe)..reverted back to v6.1.x for the time being. :wtf:

Just installed this new version 6.2 but "cis.exe" is flagged as a Trojan by ESET NOD 6 (virus signature 8470) and quarantined!

I don't know if I should install the latest ZoneAlarm Firewall (free) in place of Comodo Firewall v6.2?

It seems that they are both excellent free firewalls. Any advice?

Thanks.

Probably you don't have the most current signature database installed, try running update. Apparently they changed someting in their code and made it somehow similar to malware detected as Win32/Kryptik.KFL. This detection was added on Feb 1st, 2011.

Eset Moderator

Marcos

I was just browsing over at the Comodo forums, and I'm still not seeing the love for V 6. I was hoping there might be a discernible improvement of opinions with this latest release -- no such luck as far as I can tell. This is a problem! I hate to keep using V 5 as I have to assume at this point it should be considered 'oudated' security software. At the same time though, I still haven't forgotten what happened last time I tried switching over to this new version. What a mess! I found it just unbearable.

So the question is, if you don't feel you can update to V 6, then what's next? Just continue with V5 or move on to something else?

• Administrator

I'll say, wait for v7 and wish for an improvement. :P

For me, v6 is bad mainly for it's GUI overall. They have messed it up right from the homepage to settings. All requiring useless amount of clicking and browsing through options, just because they wanted to make simplified homepage.

PurplebeanZ

I'll say, wait for v7 and wish for an improvement. :P

For me, v6 is bad mainly for it's GUI overall. They have messed it up right from the homepage to settings. All requiring useless amount of clicking and browsing through options, just because they wanted to make simplified homepage.

I completely agree. The old GUI was so much cleaner.

Post-V3, COMODO went downhill on the GUI - however, my only reason for preferring this latest one is the definite tightening of security (can't be waiting for the V7 to arrive - shall cross that bridge as-and-when it comes.) ;)

BTW going by the track record (of most software,) I expect the V7 GUI to be more unintuitive than even the V6. :dunno:

Archived