nod 32 v4

chrisTM

Hi,

I am a new member of NSANE.

I have installed NOD 32 v 4.0.314.0 with Mara-Fix 1.1. Mara-Fix claims installation was successful, however, updates are unsuccessful. The update message claims that I am up to date with old definition database 3832. Any ideas of how to properly update from this point in time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chrisTM out.

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's due to the v4 craze.

A lot of people downloaded and installed v4.

There's no wonder ESET servers slow down :rolleyes:

Yep, as I told here:

Delayed updates:

Don't worry about your updates being delayed, it is possible that you will be a few days(maybe even a week) behind on the updates. This is due to the fact that ESET's servers are overloaded by the heavy usage of many users that want to try out the new version. There is no way to fix this and all you can do is wait, posts concerning this will be either deleted or ignored.

However this might not be entirely the reason why, would you check for me this:

Open ESET, press F5, go to 'Update', check the Update servers list and see if the update server from u20.eset.com till u49.eset.com are added and afterwards make sure 'Choose automatically' is selected :rolleyes:

Hello,

I am back online and trying to update from definition set 3832. I checked the update server list; it is set on automatic. The list box does not have anything in it. How should I edit this?

Finally, successful update to virus definition 3946. The servers were probably overloaded as noted.

Since this is a Mara-Fix installation, should I have password information completed? The boxes are currently blank.

Does anyone have any tips on the proper tasks to be checked on the scheduled tasks list for this installation type in order to insure proper upadating? I have attached a screenshot of my current schedule for your information.

Thanks again for everyone's assistance, and maybe I can be of help in the future.

chrisTM out.

Yep, as I told here:
Delayed updates:

Don't worry about your updates being delayed, it is possible that you will be a few days(maybe even a week) behind on the updates. This is due to the fact that ESET's servers are overloaded by the heavy usage of many users that want to try out the new version. There is no way to fix this and all you can do is wait, posts concerning this will be either deleted or ignored.

Open ESET, press F5, go to 'Update', check the Update servers list and see if the update server from u20.eset.com till u49.eset.com are added and afterwards make sure 'Choose automatically' is selected :D

post-17838-1237401950_thumb.jpg

Your settings are ok :D

The only 'problem' you still have is that there's nothing selected in the Update server drop-down box, you should just 'drop it down :sneaky:' and then select 'Choose automatically' :D

Hello again.

I configured that to automatic from the beginning. My question concerned whether I should actually see the server listings in the related box.

chrisTM out.

Hello,

I am back online and trying to update from definition set 3832. I checked the update server list; it is set on automatic. The list box does not have anything in it. How should I edit this?

Finally, successful update to virus definition 3946. The servers were probably overloaded as noted.

Since this is a Mara-Fix installation, should I have password information completed? The boxes are currently blank.

Does anyone have any tips on the proper tasks to be checked on the scheduled tasks list for this installation type in order to insure proper upadating? I have attached a screenshot of my current schedule for your information.

Thanks again for everyone's assistance, and maybe I can be of help in the future.

chrisTM out.

Yep, as I told here:
Delayed updates:

Open ESET, press F5, go to 'Update', check the Update servers list and see if the update server from u20.eset.com till u49.eset.com are added and afterwards make sure 'Choose automatically' is selected :D

Yes, you should.

No you should not. Nothing should be on the list, unless you added something manually.

Cheers ;)

Yes, you should.

No you should not. Nothing should be on the list, unless you added something manually.

Cheers :)

You sure? Because the only way I got the Marsufix to work was by adding those servers to the list.

Yes, you should.

Cheers :)

You sure? Because the only way I got the Marsufix to work was by adding those servers to the list.

Yes, I'm sure. That is because he is missing new Eset servers.

Cheers :w00t:

Hello.

I have added the server list manually and updated successfully.

The automatic update seems a little flaky. I seem to get an error running this task. My workaround is to manually update. Successful after a couple of efforts every time. I can't argue because of the free program use. Also added the program download files to the exclude list.

Thanks again.

chrisTM out.

Yes, you should.

Cheers :P

Yes, I'm sure. That is because he is missing new Eset servers.

Cheers :lol:

Archived