US has been hacking Hong Kong and China for years

anuseems

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has prompted a change of direction in the debate that has been going on for months around China's alleged hacker attacks on the US. The former Booz Allen Hamilton employee and contractor to the US National Security Agency (NSA) told Hong Kong-based South China Morning Post newspaper that the intelligence agency has been launching hacking attacks on targets in Hong Kong as well as mainland China.

Apparently, there have been several hundred attacks since 2009. More than 61,000 hacker attacks have been carried out worldwide, said the newspaper. According to Snowden, the NSA mainly hacks large network nodes to access the communication of several thousand computers at a time, rather than attacking each one individually. In Hong Kong and China, the attacks have focused on universities, government officials, companies and students, the whistleblower said.

In the US, the head of the NSA, General Keith B. Alexander, has addressed questions raised by Congress representatives. The New York Times reports that Alexander defended the NSA's data collection practices; the newspaper quoted him as saying that "dozens" of terrorism threats had been halted by the agencys evaluation of telephone logs. Senator Dianne Feinstein noted that the data is destroyed after five years and is only examined if a connection with Al Qaeda or Iran is suspected. Apparently, no phone call can be examined without a warrant.

If Snowden's reports are accurate, the US will need to put into perspective its ongoing accusations against the Chinese government. The US government had launched an PR offensive backed up by security firm Mandiant's report on cyber attacks from China; the report proved the existence of a professional, government-supported group of hackers that attacks targets in the US. The two countries entered into a public ping pong of accusations, with the US Secretary of Defense and the US Secretary of State exerting public pressure on the Chinese government to admit to and stop the attacks, and the Chinese government defending itself against the accusations, pointing out that it had also been the victim of hacker attacks probably originating in the US.

@ http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1259508/edward-snowden-us-government-has-been-hacking-hong-kong-and-china

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is a joke, spy, trader, and a few other things. I do not approve of everything the government is doing, but i would never sell out to another country. I would fight like the true patriots and others. :uhuh:

He is a joke, spy, trader, and a few other things. I do not approve of everything the government is doing, but i would never sell out to another country. I would fight like the true patriots and others. :uhuh:

Well if he stayed in the U.S. he'd be silenced, arrested and locked up for speaking out against the government.

Well if he stayed in the U.S. he'd be silenced, arrested and locked up for speaking out against the government.

better than a trader. now that is all he will be known as, because he did not come back and fight, but ran to the enemy to be used even more against the true patriots.

SnakeMasteR

Patriots aren't liars, abusers of power, hypocrites, there might be a small percentage of people that may not fear ending up in prison for the rest of their life, it's only a handful of people, i don't know why Whistleblowers should be seen as criminals, they are the last hope for most regular people and this is the only way exposing criminal actions from governments. Whistleblowers are real patriots and idiots at the same time, they know exactly what might happen to them in the future and that their families and friends and everyone connected to them may get into the same trouble. Think about what a patriot really is and what a traitor is in the public. He might be seen as a traitor if you are an American but he will be seen as a patriot in all other non-US countries.

Patriotism is supporting your country always -- and your government when they deserve it. Mark Twain

Seems legit. :)

So i would think he loves his country but he is against the government (that is a main characteristic of a Whistleblower).

better than a trader. now that is all he will be known as, because he did not come back and fight, but ran to the enemy to be used even more against the true patriots.

I'd say he did the right thing running away from the U.S. government. Come back and fight? That would be impossible, look at what happened to Bradley Manning. He's silenced and is being tried in court for crimes 'including communicating national defense information to an unauthorized source and aiding the enemy'. If you speak against the government, its categorized as 'aiding the enemy', 'treacherous', etc.

I'd say he did the right thing running away from the U.S. government. Come back and fight? That would be impossible, look at what happened to Bradley Manning. He's silenced and is being tried in court for crimes 'including communicating national defense information to an unauthorized source and aiding the enemy'. If you speak against the government, its categorized as 'aiding the enemy', 'treacherous', etc.

I hope he hangs. You change your government from the inside, not turning into a trader. You live or die by the powers that be. Do you think Manning would be safe in any other country? He turned against his country instead of changing it. They can use whatever excuse they want while they are and were on the run. but when they are convicted of treason just like any other country would do to them, and they have their last meal, I bet they wished they went about it a different way.

Patriots aren't liars, abusers of power, hypocrites, there might be a small percentage of people that may not fear ending up in prison for the rest of their life, it's only a handful of people, i don't know why Whistleblowers should be seen as criminals, they are the last hope for most regular people and this is the only way exposing criminal actions from governments. Whistleblowers are real patriots and idiots at the same time, they know exactly what might happen to them in the future and that their families and friends and everyone connected to them may get into the same trouble. Think about what a patriot really is and what a traitor is in the public. He might be seen as a traitor if you are an American but he will be seen as a patriot in all other non-US countries.

Patriotism is supporting your country always -- and your government when they deserve it. Mark Twain

Seems legit. :)

So i would think he loves his country but he is against the government (that is a main characteristic of a Whistleblower).

So all the other people in America who are fighting the government, suing them in court, going to house and senate commities, speaking out against the government everyday should run to a foreign country and speak to it instead. I do not think that is what Mark Twain meant. Sorry, but I think he would have stayed anf fought, not run like a couward and sell info for a place to hide.

Actually he pointed out the hypocrisy of Washington. All you ever hear about is how China is hacking into US networks but if you read all the articles about this you would see that there is something very wrong here. "One of the targets in the SAR, according to Snowden, was Chinese University and public officials, businesses and students in the city. The documents also point to hacking activity by the NSA against mainland targets. Snowden believed there had been more than 61,000 NSA hacking operations globally, with hundreds of targets in Hong Kong and on the mainland. We hack network backbones – like huge internet routers, basically – that give us access to the communications of hundreds of thousands of computers without having to hack every single one,” he said." Stop this patriotic nonsense because if anything Snowden represents the true spirit of America. The world is evolving and people that can't handle that should find another planet to live on.

Actually he pointed out the hypocrisy of Washington. All you ever hear about is how China is hacking into US networks but if you read all the articles about this you would see that there is something very wrong here. "One of the targets in the SAR, according to Snowden, was Chinese University and public officials, businesses and students in the city. The documents also point to hacking activity by the NSA against mainland targets. Snowden believed there had been more than 61,000 NSA hacking operations globally, with hundreds of targets in Hong Kong and on the mainland. We hack network backbones – like huge internet routers, basically – that give us access to the communications of hundreds of thousands of computers without having to hack every single one,” he said." Stop this patriotic nonsense because if anything Snowden represents the true spirit of America. The world is evolving and people that can't handle that should find another planet to live on.

What no poetry? No quotes from some book?

Yeah I know literature and logic must really scare you. I don't need quotes from a book, I can own you with my own words in a few different languages. Oh but wait you've given that compelling argument of him being a coward. Accountability of government must also be a topic that just boggles your mind. The idea that he should have stayed in the country when he would have just been put in jail after they made it a matter of "national security" is something a mook might say. That would have accomplished absolutely nothing and wasted a person's whole life. Everyone plays their part in events from those that use the courts of the corrupt justice system and those that protest to those people that call attention to the truth. The idea that someone shouldn't be able to point out all the corruption in Washington makes me want to slap you and its obvious to me that you clearly haven't been paying attention to the news for a long time. You also obviously must have missed what America has been about since its inception. That's the kind of attitude they have in other places...you know like dictatorships. It must kill you that most Americans would agree with me...not to mention plenty of people in government. :duh:

I don't do anything to change things but I like to criticize those people that do. Get the t-shrit and get it over with already.

What no poetry? No quotes from some book?

Yeah I know literature and logic must really scare you. I don't need quotes from a book, I can own you with my own words in a few different languages. Oh but wait you've given that compelling argument of him being a coward. Accountability must also be a topic that boggles your mind. The idea that he should have stayed in the country when he would have just been put in jail after they made it a matter of "national security" is something a mook might say. That would have accomplished absolutely nothing and wasted a person's whole life. Everyone plays their part in events from those that use the courts of the corrupt justice system and those that protest to those people that call attention to the truth. The idea that someone shouldn't be able to point out all the corruption in Washington makes me want to slap you and its obvious to me that you clearly haven't been paying attention to the news for a long time. You also obviously must have missed what America has been about since its inception. That's the kind of attitude they have in other places...you know like dictatorships. It must kill you that most Americans would agree with me...not to mention plenty of people in government. :duh:

46% with a error margin of 6% is not most people buddy! and as for your "Slap" well you have the luck of not being in my space jerk

That's of the people polled and if you include the question having to do with how many people are okay with the government spying on them (such as listening in on calls which they deny but those 2 NSA employees that came forward put in a hole in that bullshit real quick) that number goes significantly up. I know people from all walks of life from those that served in the military to government employees, computer programmers, religious and regular hard-working folks and they can all clearly see what's going on. Intelligent people have seen it since Eisenhower made his famous speech. In fact I have yet to find one person of the kind of stupid that would defend the government right now. And you got that right, I am lucky that I'm not in your space. :rofl: :fist:

And there's been recent news that there's no evidence that was found upon review that the PRISM system actually prevented any terrorist attacks...that is until they make it magically appear next week. Here read this:

Even AP Is Calling Bull Government Claims PRISM Helping Stop NYC Subway Bomb

and this:

Senators Wyden And Udall Say They've Seen No Evidence That NSA Surveillance Stopped Dozens Of Terrorist Attacks

Don't worry I'm sure the government will fill you in on a new narrative coming soon so you don't have to think for yourself anymore. That can be really hard.

SnakeMasteR

Here Here!

Any serious contribution in this topic or just a plain troll attempt? I mean you quoted almost half the complete site for two single words.

So all the other people in America who are fighting the government, suing them in court, going to house and senate commities, speaking out against the government everyday should run to a foreign country and speak to it instead. I do not think that is what Mark Twain meant. Sorry, but I think he would have stayed anf fought, not run like a couward and sell info for a place to hide.

He doesn't expect a fair investigation of his "doing" and the caused damage and no one can expect that in his position, he would have been a dumb idiot if he stayed there. I don't know what he damaged, he confirmed what most people already knew for a decade of years or something. And that is the only way you can change your government, not from "inside", that only works in Hollywood movies. And no one knows, maybe he needs to go back one time, he never said he will be seen as a hero and he know he can't hide forever. The secret is out and you can't get it back as a secret, no matter if he dies in a jail or in a accident. It doesn't matter. Many people may be pretty happy now that they are not that paranoid as thought. My personal opinion is, that there is no reason to monitor everyone on the planet, or log everyones personal details, i don't think that you can change anything with it. And especially now where the people might now, they would rather speak from eye to eye in a room instead of using the internet if they have to hide something "serious" or they use a supa dupa special unseen code language (while being drunk and high), where you need to be involved directly to understand something.

Everything and nothing is possible, i don't care, if governments get exposed thru Whistleblowing, there might be even more of them worldwide, they all should unite and expose more in one day than the people and governments can handle, that would be pretty funny. ;)

And for the hacks, every government with a computer and knowledge about it does that but most of them are not whistled into the public, they wanna control everything but they can't. :lol:

633516826465206865-the-internet---o.jpg

as for your "Slap" well you have the luck of not being in my space jerk

Beware guys, Rambo is back in town! :guns:

and i'm still wondering how you call china the enemy since it is the workshop of the whole western civilized world :yes:

VHfrxYU.jpg

yGhC0bx.png

Look at all the non Americans talking about freedom of speech and yet they do not fight for it in their own country!

170424873.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

201306100555262821.jpg

76286199.jpg

wanna_zpsac022c0d.jpg

I hope he hangs. You change your government from the inside, not turning into a trader. You live or die by the powers that be. Do you think Manning would be safe in any other country? He turned against his country instead of changing it. They can use whatever excuse they want while they are and were on the run. but when they are convicted of treason just like any other country would do to them, and they have their last meal, I bet they wished they went about it a different way.

I think the word you are trying to use here is "traitor", as in, "a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust", not "trader", as in, "a person who buys, sells, or exchanges commodities".

WTFG (What The F*cking Galaxy) going on your planet? LOL!

First, you blame aliens tracking your kind, then abducting you and doing some weird experiment sh*t on you.

C'mon MAN! We only track television series, and watch pirated HD movies.

We like to eat Bloaty's pizza hog only and not humans. LOL! :P

Now, your own man exposes that it was your own government did all those things to you and now you're arguing with each other.

You forgot that you need to find the veracity of truth here and decide which side you will stand upon.

"The right thing to do" side vs "What is good for you" side. :rolleyes:

Relax guys! Just trolling to keep some of you to cool down a bit.

"Love thy brother as you love yourself."

"Don't spread hate but spread only sperm (just don't spread your infection haha! Just kidding!)" ;)

Traitor ? as in, "a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust"

Trader? as in, "a person who buys, sells, or exchanges commodities".

Ass ? Person who makes a big deal out of a simple word when it should be obvious what the person meant. Or the person who likes to say haha thinking he is smart for not thinking to say it first. :showoff: :moon: :snooty: :wedgie: :showoff2: :spank: :clap:

Traitor ? as in, "a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust"

Trader? as in, "a person who buys, sells, or exchanges commodities".

Ass ? Person who makes a big deal out of a simple word when it should be obvious what the person meant. Or the person who likes to say haha thinking he is smart for not thinking to say it first. :showoff: :moon: :snooty: :wedgie: :showoff2: :spank: :clap:

I'm sorry. I realize that while this site is registered in the US, it attracts users from all over the world, many of whom do not speak English as their first language. Just thought you could use some help. Your spelling is very good, by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

not that two wrongs make a right...china has been hacking the rest of the world since they got their first computer ... china has hacked canadian military sites so many times and been caught red handed doing it that the canadian government made an official public request for them to stop doing so(public embarrassment) and i did not see anyone here sounding the alarms about the nsa raise a so much as an eyebrow...especially you know who... so is the USA and the rest of the world just supposed to lay down and spread wide for the other countries because we are not or should not be playing badly....or simply not allowed to do this stuff..only other countries that could or will eventually be an enemy state...there are no easy answers here...especially when it comes national security of nation..the best thing to do is to have free trade with all countries...not too many people/countries want to find ways go to war with a country that they are making a lot of money with...and yes that too is a simplistic statement with no easy answers

• Administrator

not that two wrongs make a right...china has been hacking the rest of the world since they got their first computer ... china has hacked canadian military sites so many times and been caught red handed doing it that the canadian government made an official public request for them to stop doing so(public embarrassment) and i did not see anyone here sounding the alarms about the nsa raise a so much as an eyebrow...especially you know who... so is the USA and the rest of the world just supposed to lay down and spread wide for the other countries because we are not or should not be playing badly....or simply not allowed to do this stuff..only other countries that could or will eventually be an enemy state...there are no easy answers here...especially when it comes national security of nation..the best thing to do is to have free trade with all countries...not too many people/countries want to find ways go to war with a country that they are making a lot of money with...and yes that too is a simplistic statement with no easy answers

Sure. Chinese have doing this for a long time. Infact, I used to regularly post these Chinese hacking others news here, until someone objected and claimed my personal intentions on posting it.

My point is, Chinese hackers hacking is not a small issue either, just because it isn't discussed that much or isn't in the news right now, doesn't mean people consider it a less of a value.

• Administrator

Yup.

However, the problem I have is that, loosely speaking, while Chinese control the hardware, U.S. controls the internet. So everyone getting angry at U.S. does have it's own reason.

Archived