ESET Smart Security 7.0.28.0 Beta

anuraag

ESET Smart Security offers advanced detection technologies and multi-layered security features. Designed for a low footprint, fast scanning, it packs security features and customization options for consistent and personalized security on- or offline. ESET Smart Security is built on ESET's unique heuristic technology that identifies viruses that have never been seen before. This enables them to protect your computer proactively, in real-time, against new viruses and cyber threats that conventional signature-based antivirus products don't catch. ESET Smart Security has all the same features as ESET NOD32 Antivirus with the addition of parental controls, antispam module, and an intelligent firewall.

Download

• Replies 46
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.eset.com/us/beta/v7/
mP7YS6T.png
What's new?

Stop heavily-encrypted threats that evade detection with Advanced Memory Scanner
Stay protected from threats or attacks trying to exploit network vulnerabilities with Vulnerability Shield (ESET Smart Security only)
Eliminate extremely persistent malware and rootkits thanks to Improved Cleaning
… and more to come!

Known Issues

• ESET SysRescue does not work due to missing files
  • Emails received through IMAP protocol are not properly moved into "infected items" folder
  • Toast messages from the product are not displayed on Windows 8
  • Antispam module crashes after infected messages are downloaded
  • The configuration of automatic login in Windows is not retained after device is reported found through Anti-Theft
  • GUI occasionally freezes during an attack through known network vulnerabilities
  • Specialized cleaner is not included in Beta
  • The communication of license expiration is inconsistent in the GUI
  • It's not possible to configure action to take after user connects an external device
  • Attachments received through IMAP in Thunderbird are corrupted

Tnod User and Password Finder 1.4.2.1 and MiNodLogin 4.0.2.66, no problem with updates.

Tnod User and Password Finder 1.4.2.1 and MiNodLogin 4.0.2.66, no problem with updates.

Thanks! Works for me as well.

:think: :excl: graphics, always equal to the previous versions. a touch of novelty? it takes not you think?

given free rein to your ideas ... comment! :read:

I am guessing still no improvement in the HIPS module.

There's an improvement in the HIPS - not good enough, though (the firewall always was and is crap, too - better to use EAV in conjunction with some other standalone firewall.) :thumbsdown:

I am guessing still no improvement in the HIPS module.

There's an improvement in the HIPS - not good enough, though (the firewall always was and is crap, too - better to use EAV in conjunction with some other standalone firewall.) :thumbsdown:

Have experience ESS in the pass, it really didn't do anything compare to EAV. Eset indeed have good AV engine but crappy HIPS, Firewall and Cloud. My guess Eset only relies on their respective AV engine to do the work. I have really used EAV with Comodo Firewall, it was working good. If Eset bother to make some fixes and make huge improvement in their HIPS and Firewall it would be nice to see and hear. But for now, v5 > v6 > v7 with rubbish HIPS and Firemwall.

AVG I.S. 2013 + CLOUDSCAN & FIREWALL WORKS BETTER FOR ME, BUT THANX A LOT FOR THIS INFO :rolleyes: :)

Reported issue : This ESET Smart Security 7 beta doesn't seem to like Windows 8 Apps. Apps crash when they try to read content from the Internet. Caused by the HIPS driver.

Temporary Fix : Rename the HIPS driver.

This should be eset v6.0.1, not v7... I don't see any improvments.

Just i said same old shit! :p

Archived