SmitFraud-C

myidisbb

i just notice that my 2 vista 64 search & destroy found it. after 6 hours i figured out that the folder c:\program files\security tools and program files (x86)\security tools in vista or xp will get a hit from search & destroy for it. also rogue remover software shows it too. they both just erase the folder. is this just a !@#$ false positive because of a folder name under program files? that is what it seems. im factory setting my laptop and going to add folder security tools and then install search & destroy to test it.

• Replies 7
  • Views 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

totally wish to be able to help you, though cant as not very clear post initially....?

totally wish to be able to help you, though cant as not very clear post initially....?

i make a folder in program files called "Security Tools" search and destroy claims it is (just the folder) SmitFraud-C.

i just redid the factory setting for my laptop. made the folder and install just search and destroy. bingo should up again.

i believe this is be a false positive. pisses me the !@#$ off. now i have to send 3 hours updating vista alone.

can anyone else verify that search and destroy shows it with that folder name in program files?

strong potential! +Vista ... best of luck/support for ya!

Running Xp myself- no probs!

strong potential! +Vista ... best of luck/support for ya!

Running Xp myself- no probs!

when i make that folder (security tools" under program files in xp or vista i get a hit with search and destroy when scanned

Can I ask why you need that specific folder in C:\program files?

so i know where that kind of stuff is at. just like the front page

i just like to know if others get the samething using search and destroy and that folder name

update.

i went with the following

c:\programs files\installed software\security tools\etc.

search & destroy pass me on the scan. so it was 100% search & destroy false positive bug in their program.

so i get to keep my vistas how i want the layout :welcome:

but anyway, it would been nice if someone else with search & destroy could test that too. oh well. back to looking into este, nero and newsleeacher for the laptop

Archived