Internet Download Manager question

sanjoa

Hi, guys! How are ya? I've got a question regarding Internet Download Manager: I'd like to know why, when I download Skype from frontpage, it doesn't "catch" the download, so I have to force it. Is there anyway to fix this? This is the only download link I've problem. No problem with other files from other sites or nsane. Thanks in advance :)

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

File types >>----> Automatically start downloading the following file types: >>----> {ensure that EXE and MSI file types are present - someone / something might've deleted them} >>----> OK

Ensure that the browsers you use are configured to grab links - also, Use advanced browser integration needs to be enabled:-

NcIhiHR.png

Thanks. I've that enabled and it's never been changed

In that case check your NoScript - whether any essential javascript for that particular download link is disabled - refresh the affected page thereafter, to check for resolution.

If you continue to have the issue, just purge your browser cache and re-login (for the effect to take place.)

Edit:

Just to confirm - I've never had to force-download with IDM at any of the downloads at nSane. :think:

I don't use NoScript. My personal data (cache, cookies, temp files) are cleaned everyday.

Can you point a direct link to the download that you had to force - also, which browser did try.

Let me see if I can reproduce your issue.

unknownasphyxiated

if you're using ff,try update/uninstall&reinstall idm addon

i always do this whenever had problem with idm download

It is working fine here with Pale Moon, as the above user said, tryng to update the IDM addon via the latest xpi file might solve the issue. You should check you don't have the d/l address into the exceptions list from IDM.

which version of IDM that you've installed ???

I think you should install IDM 6.15 build 15 and all issue will be fixed

I've got the last build installed. Also XPI is up-to-date and site is not on exclusions lists.

Archived