Skype 6.5.0.158

anuraag

Skype is a little piece of software that lets you make free calls to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world. And even though the calls are free, they are really excellent quality. If you and your friends, family or business contacts are using webcams, you can also make free video calls. You can even call landlines and mobile phones at really cheap per minute rates (and there's no setup or subscription fee).

Thanks to dimadr for the update.

Download

• Replies 23
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, post-installation, it reconfigures itself to startup with Windows. :rant:

LazyPotato

Skype.pngSkype is a little piece of software that lets you make free calls to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world. And even though the calls are free, they are really excellent quality. If you and your friends, family or business contacts are using webcams, you can also make free video calls. You can even call landlines and mobile phones at really cheap per minute rates (and there's no setup or subscription fee).

Thanks to dimadr for the update.

Download

Ummm,I am kinda going off-topic here -- But why do you lock threads and create them again? Sorry no offence just curious.

Forgot to mention that this version would not install unless my previous one was uninstalled. <_<

@dcs18: Just try the exe instead of the msi package - I had issues with the last one too, but succesfully managed updating to latest version using the executable without uninstalling the previous one.

Forgot to mention that this version would not install unless my previous one was uninstalled. <_<

installed over previous version went fine here. Used exe.

@dcs18: Just try the exe instead of the msi package - I had issues with the last one too, but succesfully managed updating to latest version using the executable without uninstalling the previous one.

You're right about the MSI - that's what I used (forgot why - but, it supposedly had some administrative advantages over the EXE, sorry can't remember exactly.) :)

@ anuraag

Was that the MSI you used to overwrite your existing installation with? :think:

Edit:

Ah, just noticed - you've already mentioned having used the EXE instead of the MSI, thanks.

@dcs18, using the MSI is also probably the reason why you didn't see the option to have Skype not startup automatically.

Even with the EXE, however, autoupdating is re-enabled. It can be disabled in Skype's advanced options (the Skype service can then be disabled).

BTW, this version includes a semi-secret security feature which blocks the infamous "Skype Resolver" sites and programs:

dPIYjUS.png

• Administrator

Ummm,I am kinda going off-topic here -- But why do you lock threads and create them again? Sorry no offence just curious.

Because only us staffers (team) have access to make posts on frontpage. Hence, we need to make a new thread, as making a new post on frontpage and not making one on forums makes no sense. The reason we close the one members have posted to let us know about the update, is that, members shouldn't post there and instead post here, on the newer thread.

Dr. Eset - NSANE

Thanks for the update

2728014567.png

semttulo1ed.png

Many thanks for the update! ^_^

@dcs18, using the MSI is also probably the reason why you didn't see the option to have Skype not startup automatically.

Even with the EXE, however, autoupdating is re-enabled. It can be disabled in Skype's advanced options (the Skype service can then be disabled).

BTW, this version includes a semi-secret security feature which blocks the infamous "Skype Resolver" sites and programs:

dPIYjUS.png

Thanks for your efforts, bro. - do appreciate it. :)

Thanks for the update. B)

LazyPotato

Because only us staffers (team) have access to make posts on frontpage. Hence, we need to make a new thread, as making a new post on frontpage and not making one on forums makes no sense. The reason we close the one members have posted to let us know about the update, is that, members shouldn't post there and instead post here, on the newer thread.

Oh -- I was confused. By the way,shouldn't we members unable to create a new thread?

Edit : nvm I just read the description of frontpage software.

• 2 weeks later...

Skype 6.5.32.158 for Windows released today

A new version of Skype is now available for Windows users, as Microsoft has recently released the final version of the video messaging tool rolled out approximately one month ago in preview form.

Basically, this new option gives users the possibility to send video messages to contacts even if they are online, just like it happens with a standard text message.

Once they go back online, the recipients can watch the video recording in a typical conversation window and even send back a video message of their own.

Even though video messaging is available on all platforms, the new version of Skype seems to be available on Windows operating systems exclusively, so new builds for Mac, iOS, and Android could be released in the coming days.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Fax-Telephony/Skype.shtml

Archived