Should I use Symantec Endpoint Protection

r1223

Hello Forum,

How good is symentac enpoint protection?

I have never used it before

And I downloaded from university server ( not mine )

Is there any license issue? i mean any legal issue, because I does not belong to that university, and I never been to that university.

Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I believe there's no licensing in SEP. Just install it and it's activated.

Either way, my experience has been really bad with Symentac Endpoint Protection and I won't recommend it. In summary, it was a total CPU hog, even when disabled and whitelisting files wasn't so easy.

Of course, I wouldn't have used it unless I would have heard good reviews about it, meaning, many people are said to have a good experience with it.

not recommend it. bloating and sort of scareware tactics to give you a false sense of security.

not recommend it. bloating and sort of scareware tactics to give you a false sense of security.

go back to wilderssecurity and stop trolling

LOL, who the f..k are you to ask me to stop talking? the op asked, I shared my opinion, with facts i experienced. what's wrong with that?

What's the purpose of your post? If you don't agree, show me some facts, otherwise shut the f..k up.

You are the one who's trolling in this thread.

go back to wilderssecurity and stop trolling

Hello Forum,

How good is symentac enpoint protection?

I have never used it before

And I downloaded from university server ( not mine )

Is there any license issue? i mean any legal issue, because I does not belong to that university, and I never been to that university.

Thanks.

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 RU2 MP1 [16.04.2013]
http://dl2.9box.vn/download.php?data=kpIfLLyGigovVrKuDmjAbgEgblU%2F7n98I%2FyUdmpyMdg%3D 
http://dl2.9box.vn/download.php?data=oyAydbvMRsAvVrKuDmjAbgEgblU%2F7n98I%2FyUdmpyMdg%3D 
http://dl2.9box.vn/download.php?data=mNpLa05tRhsvVrKuDmjAbgEgblU%2F7n98I%2FyUdmpyMdg%3D 

cruelsister

SEP 12.1 isn't bloated at all, actually resource wise the Unmanaged client is one of lightest around. I'm running it now on Windows 8 and it has 3 processes totaling around 10,000K. If I do a scan the Service Framework will pop up to ~50,000k Haven't noticed any CPU drag but I'm running with a Xeon.

The bad thing about SEP is that normally you'll get a single update daily and the defs aren't all that good against recent malware. It totally surprised me when Comodo left it in the dust. But unless you actively seek malware this shouldn't be a problem. The firewall if properly configured is quite good; the Proactive protection not so much.

SEP is a good AV.I was tested it before but now using N360 :) . Believe me(gartner said too) Symantec is a leader in security section. :)

SEP is more granular than Norton, designed for business, to stop hackers,

it's more PUA tolerable and more stable than Norton.

It enhance W7 firewall, and is armed with many anti-tracking and network spoofing settings.

SEP use around 15 MB to 20 MB of RAM, and I haven't noticed any performance impact.

One more benefit is that it can be obtained for free, no trials, no nagging, no popups or adds.

On the other hand Norton is good for home user, or private computers that easily come in contact with malicious software.

Archived