Outpost Security Suite

davhag

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends of OS you are running,

for instance, if you happened to have Windows 8, then Outpost will not disabled Windows 8 Firewall,

reason is very simple, disabling of Windows 8 firewall cause connectivity problems with Metro apps,

therefore if any AV vendor disable Windows 8 firewall (during installation process) they will lose MS partnership.

There is detail instruction on Outpost page, that will give you better understanding of how every Outpost module work.

Cheers.

jimbojet2011

If you want a good free firewall

just give Comodo or Online armor a try

I'm using it. Bought a lifetime license to the firewall for 3pc a while back and like it a lot. Then got a free license to the suite and decided to use it for a while.

You can backup your settings/rules and swap between them. I'd hate to lose my FW settings as it blocks my softwares from phoning home. I think the firewall is great.

I'm finding the suite to be very good. I like how it's designed to be kept in learning mode all the time. Some people don't realise this. This way it will only ask you about anything it doesn't know as good. It cuts down on the prompts which used to bother the older versions.

I prefer the firewall to the suite because I like to change products and not stick with one AV all the time. Both are good but this way I can try different products without losing my fw config each time I change, like would happen when changing suites.

Well worth the price for either. B)

As for scans I have it set to scan everyday at 1pm and it doesn't bother me at all. Never finds anything of course :D

It depends of OS you are running,

for instance, if you happened to have Windows 8, then Outpost will not disabled Windows 8 Firewall,

reason is very simple, disabling of Windows 8 firewall cause connectivity problems with Metro apps,

therefore if any AV vendor disable Windows 8 firewall (during installation process) they will lose MS partnership.

There is detail instruction on Outpost page, that will give you better understanding of how every Outpost module work.

Cheers.

thx ande.now i no what caused trouble.installing eset ss.

I bought the OP firewall on a lifetime license ages ago (gotta be at least 3 year at a guess), and I used the 4.x versions prior to these. I've not used nor will I use another firewall.

I also run it along side ESET (AV only), I've installed either way (AV first / OP first) and never had any issues, I even had a spate of runing the full ESET suite including Firewall side by side with Outpost and again this caused no conflicts.

I have to point out though that ANY firewall is only as good as it's configured, and Outpost as well as other products of this type work well out of the box but with some additional tweaking, can be a good solid defense against outgoing packets. (The main reason I have it installed), I use the NAT on my router to sit between me and the net to filter incomming packets etc.

For the price I'd say go for it, furthermore I've actually installed my version on several pc's (Home and remotely) using my key and no issues.

Windows 7 x64 btw.

Dodel

LazyPotato

I bought the OP firewall on a lifetime license ages ago (gotta be at least 3 year at a guess), and I used the 4.x versions prior to these. I've not used nor will I use another firewall.

I also run it along side ESET (AV only), I've installed either way (AV first / OP first) and never had any issues, I even had a spate of runing the full ESET suite including Firewall side by side with Outpost and again this caused no conflicts.

I have to point out though that ANY firewall is only as good as it's configured, and Outpost as well as other products of this type work well out of the box but with some additional tweaking, can be a good solid defense against outgoing packets. (The main reason I have it installed), I use the NAT on my router to sit between me and the net to filter incomming packets etc.

For the price I'd say go for it, furthermore I've actually installed my version on several pc's (Home and remotely) using my key and no issues.

Windows 7 x64 btw.

Dodel

Yeah my key that I won is for the Security Pro. I hope the anti-virus and Malware protection are okay. I have a trial of Malwarebytes running along beside it just in case til I get it figured out.

Don't depend that much on Outpost -- You should try Emsisoft Antimalware,I can give you a link for that thread which have a working trial reset for EAM

Odd how ESET is blocking sites right out of the box. I'd do a system sweep with some malware software like Malwarebytes, and Super Antispyware.

Maybe Eset is actually blocking outbound packets rather than inbound (due to an infection), or it could just be that Eset is using filters which you can trim back in the options, however If the latter is the case, I would have to question which sites you visit so much that cause eset to block constantly! :)

Oh yeah, I run my setup with Eset AV, Outpost FW, NAT and I run these two above & ccleaner, most dangerous thing I've hit is a cookie.... I don't even have them running in memory, just when I feel like runing them, which is usually once a week anyhow.

Dodel.

Archived