Add the Aero glass look to Windows 8 with the beta of WindowBlinds 8

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

Stardock has released a new beta version of its WindowBlinds 8 program, which now allows users to add the popular Aero glass look to the Windows 8 desktop UI, among other skins.

Software developer Stardock continues to add support for Windows 8 to its current software products, along with new applications made especially for Microsoft's newest OS, including Start8, Decor8 and ModernMix. Today, the company released a new version of one of its older software programs that adds a way to put in a much requested look to the Windows 8 desktop UI.

tgC1QuH.jpg

As posted by Stardock CEO Brad Wardell on his personal blog, the beta version of WindowBlinds 8 is now available to download as part of the Object Desktop subscription service. WindowBlinds 8 allows users to customize their desktop with lots of different skins and one of them happens to be the Aero glass look that many users of Windows Vista and Windows 7 prefer to the look of Windows 8.

Wardell writes:

We include some “skins” that are timeless favorites plus a few that represent what we thought (hoped) the Windows 8 UI might have been like to choose from. Plus there are thousands of skins available at
WinCustomize.com

Currently the beta build of WindowBlinds 8 (version 7.90) is available only via a subscription to Object Desktop, which allows access and updates to all of Stardock's programs for one year for $49.99. A stand alone version of WindowBlinds 8 will be released in the near future when it comes out of beta; the program only supports Windows 7 and 8.

view.gifView: Original Article

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WindowBlinds offers it as an option - meaning it can be switched on and off (personally, I find my custom theme looks better without Aero.)

Misaki2010

I'm using the tool from the link provided by PrEzi, I used it for a while now and it's way better than WindowBlinds. That " feature " that WindowBlinds has can't be called AERO because it doesn't have any Blur effect in the borders. It's more like transparency rather than Aero.

• Administrator

Why would you want to replace Windows8 stylish theme with that tacky vista look?

It's subjective. For me, the default Windows 8 looks, even on the desktop, is the worst looking Windows theme ever. It looks the ugliest when the window isn't active. IMO, even the classic themes of 95/98 looked better.

Why would you want to replace Windows8 stylish theme with that tacky vista look?

you got the answer in the picture...

tgC1QuH.jpg

you got the answer in the picture...

To be honest I think it looks rather tacky. A long time ago I went to some effort to create these desktops but I think win8 does a great thing out of the box

screenshotmbk.png

screenshot1z.png

RadioActive

Because Windows 8 theme isn't "stylish" at all, in fact it's rather bland.

MidnightDistortions

:wtf: how is the Vista/7 Aero glass (glossy look) tacky? Windows 8's theme looks tacky.

even the classic themes of 95/98 looked better.

That's so true.

:wtf: how is the Vista/7 Aero glass (glossy look) tacky? Windows 8's theme looks tacky.

+ 1

Archived