Email updates

Anteus

I think it would be better if you could change so the link to the topic of the update in the mail comes before the updated part:

Because Gmail hides the contents below if you have gotten updates about that topic before, the same link then and gmail hides it. It could be solved if the link was directed to the new post, not "&view=getnewpost" but to the exact new post like "&view=findpost&p=81512"

*Better with link here*

---------------------------------------------------------------------- blablabla - updated post

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here:

http://www.nsaneforums.com/index.php?showt...view=getnewpost

Don't think it could be so hard to edit this, but I have never seen the setting in the controlpanel of a IPB forum so it must be in a file?

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right, it's in a file, I think it is possible though(replacing the link shouldn't be hard), but I don't know about changing the link to the new post link... That'll be harder.

Ah well about the changing post link won't happen but I have anothre idea to correct this problem, add the date/clock under the link would also help just any variable that changes every mail.

Archived