An IM client installation error

rudrax

I have downloaded an IM client named FireTalk (419 KB) and tried to install. It didn't work out and showed the following error:

screenshot_21.png

The generated log file is here.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The generated log file is here.

You've uploaded an exe (install.exe) - there was no log.

Rename the extension to .log

This is not the actual log - try enabling show hidden files, folders, and drives (via Folder Options) to see the actual .log file (I'm guessing - it must be hidden.)

This is not the actual log - try enabling show hidden files, folders, and drives (via Folder Options) to see the actual .log file (I'm guessing - it must be hidden.)

No, it is not hidden. This is exactly what the location of the error message says. BTW, what is making you to think that this isn't the one?

Datafilehost may have some policy to change unindexed file extension to any of the indexed extension in their database. :dunno:

I have downloaded an IM client named FireTalk (419 KB) and tried to install. It didn't work out and showed the following error:

That looks like an online installer which had problems in downloading the actual installer due to internet connectivity (or some similar) issue.

BTW, what is making you to think that this isn't the one?

The content is (mostly) garbled.

Datafilehost may have some policy to change unindexed file extension to any of the indexed extension in their database. :dunno:

It's preferable to use WinRAR or WinZip or any other such Archiver on the file, before uploading it.

That looks like an online installer which had problems in downloading the actual installer due to internet connectivity (or some similar) issue.

Internet connection is working fine for other business except for this one.

Please check whether FireTalk suits your needs as a Firefox add-on. :think:

Not compatible with FF21 :(

Archived