Windows 8 nonbootable ISO Image

Roger D

I somewhere found Windows 8 AIO 16 in one Bootable ISO of size around 4.5 GB. but I could not send it to my 8 GB Pendrive.( It showed some error in sending, I don't remember the error msg). So finally, I mounted the ISO file and Copied all the folders and files inside the ISO to my Pendrive.

Now when I reassembled the files and folder to ISO Image by POWERISO. It shows nonbootable ISO image.

Is there any way to make the ISO image bootable again, or any way to make bootable pendrive by these extracted files and folder from bootable ISO file?

Please HELP.

:hi:

ISO of size around 4.5 GB. but I could not send it to my 8 GB Pendrive.( It showed some error in sending, I don't remember the error msg)

:why:

• Replies 33
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So finally, I mounted the ISO file and Copied all the folders and files inside the ISO to my Pendrive.

That's the reason why your ISO is not bootable.

I suggest using UltraISO to burn your ISO to your 8 GB pen-drive @ x4 speed.

ISO of size around 4.5 GB. but I could not send it to my 8 GB Pendrive.( It showed some error in sending, I don't remember the error msg)

Your 8 GB pen-drive must've been formatted as FAT32 which has an upper limit on transfer of 4 GBs - if you try to copy one single file more than the capacity size of 4 GBs, you'll get that error.

Your 8 GB pen-drive must've been formatted as FAT32 which has an upper limit on transfer of 4 GBs - if you try to copy one single file more than the capacity size of 4 GBs, you'll get that error.

You are saying that formatting the pendrive again with NTFS file system will allow me to send single file of more than 4 GB to my pendrive..

:thumbsup:

You are saying that formatting the pendrive again with NTFS file system will allow me to send single file of more than 4 GB to my pendrive..

Yes, right - but, that would only serve as a workaround. :)

I somewhere found Windows 8 AIO 16 in one Bootable ISO of size around 4.5 GB. but I could not send it to my 8 GB Pendrive.( It showed some error in sending, I don't remember the error msg). So finally, I mounted the ISO file and Copied all the folders and files inside the ISO to my Pendrive.

Now when I reassembled the files and folder to ISO Image by POWERISO. It shows nonbootable ISO image.

Is there any way to make the ISO image bootable again, or any way to make bootable pendrive by these extracted files and folder from bootable ISO file?

Please HELP.

:hi:

try

http://wintoflash.com/download/en/

That's the simple and best solution, but I have extracted file of Windows 8 AIO 16 in 1 (It contains both x86 and x64).

What boot info file(.bif) should i use(x86 or x64)? :think:

Yes, right - but, that would only serve as a workaround. :)

Thanks for the Info bro. :)

Pendrive formated in FAT32: max. file size 4GB ;)

If any

If formatted in NTFS, then the max file size of a single file????

If any

16 TiB :)

If any one having Windows 8 AIO 16 in 1 ISO image file,then Plzz share the boot info file(.bif) of that bootable ISO..

:beg: :beg:

If any

TiB? :think:

If any

TiB? :think:

The tebibyte unit symbol is TiB. You can take it like 16 TB... ;)

1 TiB ≈ 1.099 TB

If any one having Windows 8 AIO 16 in 1 ISO image file,then Plzz share the boot info file(.bif) of that bootable ISO..

:beg: :beg:

If you don't find that boot file - you can still easily burn the ISO directly to your pen-drive.

Archived