Small problem

dustin

what its doing is every time i try to run my signature database update it runs thru to 3kb and username and password window open i click ok and it shuts down fails and starts over what to do i need a little help

• Replies 10
  • Views 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what its doing is every time i try to run my signature database update it runs thru to 3kb and username and password window open i click ok and it shuts down fails and starts over what to do i need a little help

:) Version? Nod32? Fix use? go to: http://www.nsaneforums.com/index.php?showtopic=16786

i appreciate the help ive been battling this computer for about a week it took a while just to get eset to run its been a fight but its been fun ive about got it back to normal any other ideas of how to speed this pc back up im running windows xp any help u can give will be highly appreciated

:) Version? Nod32? Fix use? go to: http://www.nsaneforums.com/index.php?showtopic=16786

i appreciate the help ive been battling this computer for about a week it took a while just to get eset to run its been a fight but its been fun ive about got it back to normal any other ideas of how to speed this pc back up im running windows xp any help u can give will be highly appreciated

ive already downloaded eset v4 and it says there is a update for the virus signature database but it still wont let me run it its still acting odd which exact program do i need to run to take care of the problem

ive already downloaded eset v4 and it says there is a update for the virus signature database but it still wont let me run it its still acting odd which exact program do i need to run to take care of the problem

NOD32 or Smart Security?

& about the update it depends...

Are you using nodlogin or nodenabler? (Hint, if you're not already, use nodenabler :))

NE is easier to setup & it verifies licenses before putting them into ESET.

EDIT Forgot to mention that once you do change to NE, reboot & try to update again.

NOD32 or Smart Security?

& about the update it depends...

Are you using nodlogin or nodenabler? (Hint, if you're not already, use nodenabler :))

NE is easier to setup & it verifies licenses before putting them into ESET.

i used nod login

i used nod login

Tisk tisk :)

Uninstall nodlogin (just delete both files from the ESET directory) reboot & install NodEnabler. Like I said before, NodEnabler is sooo much easier to use than Nodlogin.

Notes on how to setup NodEnabler:

-------------------------------------------------

• Step 1

- Uninstall Nodlogin AND download Nodenabler (do not extract the files just yet)

• Step 2

- Go into the ESET interface & go to advanced mode. (Press F5) Go to antivirus & software

(first section) & deselect (un-tick) "Enable Self-defense" You must reboot afterwards.

• Step 3

- Unzip nodenabler. Run the exe. Once you've done this, open ESET again & update.

*Note: Keeping self-defense off isn't in your best interest so after all of this is done, press F5

& select (tick) "Enable Self-defense"

Already PM you!

If the u/p windows appear, it means that u/p can't be insert by Nodlogin.

This means you did not disable 'Enable self defense' in nod32 to enable the updating of u/p.

Yes, you should've read the _Readme!.txt that is included...

~Topic closed~

If you are 100% sure you read the _Readme!.txt and followed it to the letter and it still doesn't work, send me a PM.

@shought

I think he is quite new to this, don't blame him

@shought

I think he is quite new to this, don't blame him

Hmmm, thought I really did close this topic.

New is Ok, I was new once too... But if people comfort other people too much, you get lazy people... We don't want that ;)

And I'm not pissed or anything, it's just that I've spent some time finding out how to get it to work and writing it down and then I come to figure that people don't even read it. Makes me sad :(

Good thing I don't stay sad for long :yes:

Archived