Strange Skype probelm

Gh0stNet

Hi

I am having strange problem with skype video.The picture of the other user or mine own if i see it by going to video setting shows in three different stripes.

7ed8fc644b5329d3ba74bb3658e12594.png

i tried to reinstall skype but still the same problem also the other user can see the video clearly so problem seems to be at my end.

Help will be appreciated.. :)

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

like i said other users can see my video but i can't see there's even from my own camera

like i said other users can see my video but i can't see there's even from my own camera

That didn't answer the query that I raised. :)

I'm just wondering if your WebCam lens (hardware) is dirty enough to cause that split image - did you try to clean it?

Even if it was camera related then how can the other users can see my video clearly ??

and another thing even if the video is like this but when i take a picture from skype it that picture has no black lines or anything and it shows the complete picture.which make's me wonder thats its definitely software related

Even if it was camera related then how can the other users can see my video clearly ??

and another thing even if the video is like this but when i take a picture from skype it that picture has no black lines or anything and it shows the complete picture.

If you were so knowledgeable - would you have found yourself in this predicament. Being argumentative won't solve your problems.

i am not arguing only giving you info so that you can help better :)

You have not been able to answer the same question put to you . . . . . . . . twice.

I'm just wondering if your WebCam lens (hardware) is dirty enough to cause that split image - did you try to clean it?

ok i just cleaned it now what ? as the video is same.

Did your try uninstalling your A4 TECH USB2.0 PC Camera J driver and performing a clean re-install of the same?

jimbojet2011

Skype is THE problem <_<

Did your try uninstalling your A4 TECH USB2.0 PC Camera J driver and performing a clean re-install of the same?

windows 7 installs the drivers automatically so i removed the drivers from Device manager and installed it again but still same.

OK, good - would you like to tryout the best WebCam software >>----> Cyberlink YouCam?

With reference to the screenshot at your first post >>----> Web Settings - can you change from A4 TECH USB2.0 PC Camera J to Cyberlink YouCam?

With reference to the screenshot at your first post >>----> Web Settings - can you change from A4 TECH USB2.0 PC Camera J to Cyberlink YouCam?

i did but still strange black lines like before..

you need to change webcam :P

i don't think so. as its not Webcam related problem..

you need to change webcam :P

i don't think so. as its not Webcam related problem..

I was a joke

When you make videocall is your cam showing the same or the problem is only in settings window?

I suggest you uninstall skype after that backup the leftover folder with skype settings (click Start -> Run -> type here: %appdata%\skype -> <Enter>), after backup delete files in it and install skype again (may try latest 6th version or 5th version as well).

If no luck, try also reinstall/update of video drivers and video codecs (seems odd, but sometimes helps).

GL and keep us informed

Hi,

It happened to me once, and it's a graphic driver issue already reported on Skype's forum.

I personnaly own a NVidia card and this happened with the latest WHQL drivers, but the issue is gone with the new beta ones.

Archived