AV-Comparatives Performance Test - May 2013

ande

• Replies 45
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Kaspersky's performance's better than ESET?

D9rCJe6.png

EDIT: Here's the PDF.

Tweety.Abd

Come on guys, and specially DKT. Give Kaspersky a try, you won't even feel its there. One of the lightest AV so far.

• Administrator

Come on guys, and specially DKT. Give Kaspersky a try, you won't even feel its there. One of the lightest AV so far.

I wouldn't say anything against it unless I did try it myself. ;)

Make no mistake, it's the most powerful and secure AV out there, but light on performance and system? Not at all.

Tweety.Abd

Make no mistake, it's the most powerful and secure AV out there, but light on performance and system? Not at all.

I have no idea why its slowing down your system. I've been using it for months now, no slowdowns at all. Maybe there are other variables that could account for the slowdown along with KIS? Not sure what could it be though.

excellent response. share :drunk:

mastershake

agreed 100000% kaspersky may have great detection but in NO WAY in a light av. at least not till hell freezes over. it can even slow a 32gb i7 overclocked to 4.5 some... especially on boot up. i laugh anytime someone says kaspersky is light. (and when anyone says that there's a angel who looses their wings)

besides the fact that they are locking down their lic's now by region and machine id. you can no longer by a cheap lic from a different country or region they will block it soon after this info directly provided by a LARGE kaspersky distributor. they also have cracked down on the "3 lic" packages they allow 3 "activations" this means you install it and buy a new drive and reinstall it you have now used 2 activations. do it a third time and there goes your third one.

Mayhap we can no longer rely on AVComparatives because despite its strength, Kaspersky is no light on any computer's performance. Also when I tried updating from version 2012 to KIS 2013 I failed in all PCs I tried....It was a headache.

• Administrator

Thing is, I get a feeling that AVs companies have mastered the art of performance deception - meaning, they increase performance only on things that people benchmark the system with or what a common user will see on front - CPU usage, memory, etc. But in real, the performance issue is beyond that - it not only needs to less CPU (memory usage doesn't matter IMO), but should also keep the system fluid and speedy - something that both Kaspersky and Avast has failed to do on my system (twice, in both cases).

no people look the thing is that when we use a av, we use it for month or two and then decide its performance but these av test companies dont waste much time they just measure the performance in 2 or maybe 3 hours and so result is incomplete or wrong.

Now you know everything in life wants time from you to be perfect,so is the case here!

KIS 2013 patch G may fix many bugs and improve functions

It becomes faster and lighter :D

Hardly believe Kaspersky has better result in performance test than ESET. :mellow:

AV-C said Kaspersky is light? come on.It's one of the heaviest AV in the world. ESET,Norton,Avast and some cloud AV are good in performance section and Maybe Gdata2014 :)

SyafaTahvBroentoeng

Mayhap we can no longer rely on AVComparatives because despite its strength, Kaspersky is no light on any computer's performance. Also when I tried updating from version 2012 to KIS 2013 I failed in all PCs I tried....It was a headache.

I use kaspersky from the first it named AVP, until now I don't have problem of upgrade the application or update the database from old version to the newer version, as long as we follow the instruction clearly

AV-C said Kaspersky is light? come on.It's one of the heaviest AV in the world. ESET,Norton,Avast and some cloud AV are good in performance section and Maybe Gdata2014 :)

much part has changed gradually from old version to new version of kaspersky right now

Hardly believe Kaspersky has better result in performance test than ESET. :mellow:

then you must give it a shot for the newest kaspersky 2013 with patch (g)

KIS 2013 patch G may fix many bugs and improve functions

It becomes faster and lighter :D

this are the truth,... :showoff:

I found this in the result:

Be patient: A delay of a few additional seconds due to Anti-Virus is not necessarily a big deal. However, if even with the suggestions above the performance of your PC still annoys you, for in-stance, after you have installed the Anti-Virus you should consider trying out another Anti-Virusproduct. (If you only notice a slow-down after using the Anti-Virus for a long time, there are probably other factors behind the slowdown). Never reduce your security by disabling essential protection features, just in the hope of gaining a slightly faster PC!

Sounds correct? Kaspersky?

In ancient times, AV Companies have always been taking innocent & gullible folks for a royal ride . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and then in the present & modern world, I was under the impression that Alex Jones was the only gullible member of this Board. :naughty:

I've said it before, but the entire Kaspersky being extremely heavy is pure myth and complete nonsense. Maybe in the past with the 2012 version and earlier, but certainly not currently. I experience no slowdown or sluggishness whatsoever on an i5 2500k & 8GB Ram w/ Win 7 Pro x64.

The ESET fan boys are just out and about. :P

I will put Kaspersky back on my computer when they kiss my ass like they do their sponsors. :lol: :thumbsdown: :shit: :rofl: :bruce: :spank: :tease:

It depends on what systems they used. If you have a new system with SSD in it, then you won't even notice that kaspersky is installed. But same goes for other avs, if you have a new system with a ssd in it then you will hardly notice anything.

I tested kaspersky on my machine for a while and it had no impact on the perfomance @all :)

And still i don't get the list, for example Bitdefender was extremely light on my system but it is behind norton and avast. Both Norton & Avast are slowing down my system a little, you can clearly "feel" that there is something running in background :)

P.s. Also this test doesn't really say that Kaspersky does less slowdown than ESET, if you see the full test results you can see that both have the same score but kaspersky scored a little better in gaming tests(higher fps).

Tweety.Abd

I've said it before, but the entire Kaspersky being extremely heavy is pure myth and complete nonsense. Maybe in the past with the 2012 version and earlier, but certainly not currently. I experience no slowdown or sluggishness whatsoever on an i5 2500k & 8GB Ram w/ Win 7 Pro x64.

The ESET fan boys are just out and about. :P

+1

It depends on what systems they used. If you have a new system with SSD in it, then you won't even notice that kaspersky is installed. But same goes for other avs, if you have a new system with a ssd in it then you will hardly notice anything.

I tested kaspersky on my machine for a while and it had no impact on the perfomance @all :)

And still i don't get the list, for example Bitdefender was extremely light on my system but it is behind norton and avast. Both Norton & Avast are slowing down my system a little, you can clearly "feel" that there is something running in background :)

P.s. Also this test doesn't really say that Kaspersky does less slowdown than ESET, if you see the full test results you can see that both have the same score but kaspersky scored a little better in gaming tests(higher fps).

I don't have problems with Norton on my pc and as you can see on perfomance test link that i posted Norton is very fast than Bitdefender!

Kaspersky lighter than Eset and Avast ? :huh:

:rofl:

Go home AV-Comparatives you're drunk ;)

Archived