box, mara-fix 1.7 Win8 weird problem

L2D

Hi all,

I'm having a really weird issue with mara-fix, in my laptop.

I'm using Windows 8 Extreme Edition R2, and everytime i run mara-fix, Windows doesn't boot anymore. It boots, but it doesn't go to login screen, just sits there. I run system restore, rollback, and install everything just fine, but once I try to activate ESET through mara-fix, everything goes smootly until it reboots, then.. PUF! Only using system restore i can login anain..

HELP!!!

TIA, L2D.

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck Windows 8 bro... go back to Windows 7!

Gaming is much better on Windows 7 anyhow!

WTF is Extreme Edition R2, lol ?

Probably some tweaked out the ass version of Win8 :D

Hi,

Thanks for all your responses, I specially appreciate the usefull ones. :rolleyes:

I'm not a gamer, my laptop is ment for work. It's a 11.6"/4GB RAM/AMD E-450 Samsung NP305U1A modded with a 128GB SSD.

Windows 8 over 7 because due to Fast Boot it boots in 6/7sec on my SSD, and in case some of you don't know, hibernation and sleep are know to cause many issues on sandforce SSDs.. I know this first handed cuz i'm using my first SSD as a $200 paper-weight. Anyone up for buying it? lol

Win8 EE RC2 simply because of all it's tweaks, which are extremely useful to me.

Now back on topic...

Thanks for those tips, but if I'm not mistaken Tnod and MiNODLogin are key searchers, not activators. Is there any good activator i should give it a try?

Thanks again, L2D.

unknownasphyxiated
Now back on topic...

Thanks for those tips, but if I'm not mistaken Tnod and MiNODLogin are key searchers, not activators. Is there any good activator i should give it a try?

Thanks again, L2D.

key searcher which you can use the key found by this app to activate eset

so,basically it is also an activator :lol:

@ L2D

I've used virtually every available ESET fix on Windows 8 Pro without any adverse effects whatsoever. :)

I've got serious doubts about your copy - Windows 8 Extreme Edition R2 (never heard of it - can you point a link?) :unsure:

Yes i also thought this probably wouldn't happen in another distro.. Still i'd really love to use this one for all it's tweaks.

Is there any alternative to mara-box, that works in similar way? I wanted to avoid key searchers at all costs.

Thanks again.

Is there any alternative to mara-box, that works in similar way? I wanted to avoid key searchers at all costs.

Yes, there's the PureFix 2.03 (by PurpleBeanZ) - however, 2.03 does not work with the latest ESET V6 (2.02 is reportedly working.) :)

Purefix 2.02 and 2.03working you when you go into safe mode then put the flash drive in, with Purefix 2.02-2.03 to enable-disable-restart and stick out.

Yes, there's the PureFix 2.03 (by PurpleBeanZ) - however, 2.03 does not work with the latest ESET V6 (2.02 is reportedly working.) :)

You can use safe mode to remove the flash drive Purefix and exiting!

Wow.. This is getting a bit confusing.. Can someone post a link with step by step instructions how to properly install PureFix?

Also crossed my mind.. Could this safe mode procedure apply to what's failing in mara-fix?

Thanks for all the tips, again and again.

L2D.

Archived