Windows update is now very slow?

wozzzzza

over the last few months I have noticed that windows updates come down very slowly. like a year ago I could download 400MB of updates from in windows updates at my maximum connection speed of 13MB/s, now they come in at around quarter of that, like MS have throttled all downloads to a maximum speed of a certain amount? anyone else get this? know why?? would it be anything to do with windows 7?

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Quality of Service (QoS) service has to be enabled to be able to download Windows Updates at full speed.

Screenhot below is taken from TuneUp Utilities, I'm not 100% sure about how to enable it in other way.

57201392313pm.png

I would not suggest change it because it is really a problem with the Windows server. And it's probably due to the fact, that now all the updates are available in one day, and once a month. Whole not sleeping world will download them at the same time.

I would not suggest change it because it is really a problem with the Windows server. And it's probably due to the fact, that now all the updates are available in one day, and once a month. Whole not sleeping world will download them at the same time.

whole sleeping world will do it too if their computer I left on over night.

But this QOS thing makes sense now, I will try altering it on my next windows 7 install as i'm sick to death downloads taking soo long.

Archived