Outpost block internet

czullo

Hi i have this problem when i run Outpost there is a common that is block my connection for couple of minutes i don't know whats going on, somebody use it and have similar problem ?

• Replies 6
  • Views 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi i have this problem when i run Outpost there is a common that is block my connection for couple of minutes i don't know whats going on, somebody use it and have similar problem ?

You don't give a lot of details but i assume the problem is with the web filter module. Last time i tried Outpost when ever i accessed many web pages at a time my Internet connection would freeze. At first i blamed my antivirus but then i realized it was the web filtering module that could freeze Outpost causing the Internet connection to fail.

To make sure it's this issues just disable web control , just click settings than web control and disable the web filtering module, reboot than resume your Internet habits as usual. If you realize that this is the issues you can reinstall outpost but this time uptick web control feature in the installer. Another way is to fine tune the settings in machine.ini which is located in

C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall Pro\machine.ini

but you really need to have some solid knowledge of outpost to mess with this one and you need to disable temporarily oupost self defense.

But before you try my advice the best place to start is this page

http://www.agnitum.com/support/kb/article.php?id=1000030&lang=en

and make sure you're antivirus is properly configured and it's compatible with the current build of outpost.

i don't have installed web control, ive added to exclusions my ISP DNS, the problem exist even when i don't use browser, i just start PC turn on firefox everything is ok and suddenly no Internet connection for about 2-3 minutes and this i get every couple of hours.

i don't have installed web control, ive added to exclusions my ISP DNS, the problem exist even when i don't use browser, i just start PC turn on firefox everything is ok and suddenly no Internet connection for about 2-3 minutes and this i get every couple of hours.

Have you checker the attack detection logs . Does it show blocking some Ip's ? Because I've had troubles with the attack detection module . Namely if in the attack detection section of Ethernet attacks the Block sniffer if gateway network adapter Mac was changed or Block host when it enumerates other computers on LAN , where selected would block my ISP gateway for 5 min ( default rule for blocking an attack) when it did it's regular IP checks.

This could only happen if you don't have a hardware firewall and outpost is responsible not only for outbound , but inbound protection as well, which may cause issues with you're gateway. So either disable those option in attack detection or add to exclusion you're ISP Gateway and DNS.

BTW i have router but i disable firewall in router. Block sniffer if gateway network adapter Mac was changed and Block host when it enumerates other computers on LAN is unchecked, in Event Viever/Packet log i see theres huge number of Ip trying to connect me to the utorrent port even if utorrent isnt working it could be this ?? There is no entry in "Attack Detection"

http://i44.tinypic.com/23jhkc9.jpg

BTW i have router but i disable firewall in router. Block sniffer if gateway network adapter Mac was changed and Block host when it enumerates other computers on LAN is unchecked, in Event Viever/Packet log i see theres huge number of Ip trying to connect me to the utorrent port even if utorrent isnt working it could be this ??

Since you use open trackers it's quite common that you will have incoming connection to you're utorrent port since you use dht , and most torrent clients remember peer data, they will keep on trying to connect even if you're port is closed/stealthed. This is common torrnet traffic and if you have a static ip adress you might see incoming connection to utorrent's port that you haven't used since a month ore more :rolleyes: .

This is why you'd better enable the firewall , keep Stateful Inspection on if you know that it won't hurt the network performance, but disable upnp, because you can easily forward ports.

You should know that for inbound protection a hardware firewall is always better than a software firewall. These days the role of a firewall is more for outbound protection if you have a router.

i only use private trackers and my DHT in utorrent is disabled ;) Adding rules to my hardeware firewall is horrible :rolleyes: that why i use software firewall.

Archived