Massive U.S. cyberattack planned by Anonymous

insanedown58

• Replies 32
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this attack was announced ahead of time for one reasn and one reason alone...... to pre-build in the excuse for when it fails miserably

Why can we, as a Human Race, not live in love and harmony?

If we pool all our thougts together, think what we could do!!!!!!!!!

Just look at the Alians, flying in the Sky.

Its because they learned to work as 1.

Thats why thy,r zipping in the Qauntum Realm.

And we still strolling the Earth. :lol: :D

@steel...that is because the guys that think like you never get into politics or become super duper wealthy and tell "the new world order" just what is truly important to run and guide the rudder of mankind....one cannot let those people do what they want to do with out input as to what really matters... debatable if that would be good or bad...depending on who you ask

yea..i just said that... and it was funny.... so laugh....damnit

Announcing a target list BEFORE launching the attack....Free

Annoucing the date of the attack....Free

Watching some spotty teenage basement troll getting handcuffed by the FBI on the nghtly news shortly after....Priceless

Umm i wouldnt be running anonymous like that myself.....why give them the leadtime to put in place prevention and tracking measures...

Hey at least "spotty teenage basement trolls" are risking their own freedom while fighting for ours. Most people won't even bat an eyelash at actually getting involved and that's why things perpetually stay the same. Too many insipid and vapid Facebook posts to make and too many interesting things to catch on TV tonight. Personally I have to agree with you that announcing an attack before hitting the targets doesn't make sense. I guess their goal is to bring attention to issues so whether the attack is completely successful or not is incidental. They'll hit enough targets to make a difference. The one issue I have is what are they going to do when cybersecurity legislation goes live or when the US completes the Bluffdale facility in Utah. This will certainly make their job harder and illustrates the fact that other legal measures such as boycotts and protests will ultimately have the most impact. If even a tiny fraction of the population said that's it we've had it and stood up to voice their opinions things would have to change. However, some people think it's all hopeless so they don't take the initiative and some simply don't care enough to even get involved...that is until the issues reach them and it's that much harder to start fighting for our rights.

They harm innocient people far more than the people they are targeting.

Cypher3927

dMog

I was nothing but respectful and brought up some points in order to have an open discourse. When I get no response but someone making some ridiculous assumptions about me and being rude and disrespectful I get annoyed like anyone else would. Also internet forums are forms of cold communication so don't assume that I am so angry about the situation. However it certainly annoys me that people are so quick to be infantile. I wasn't rude to anybody except stylemessiah and honestly he deserved it because he acted like a jerk. You get what you give. And Anonymous hasn't hurt anyone. I have yet to see one person that had less money in their bank account because of something they did...but they did dig up information that empowered individuals to understand what was going on behind the scenes of their government, they did support peaceful movements like Occupy Wall Street and they did draw massive attention to SOPA/PIPA and CISPA as well as Tartan/Trapwire and the TPP. Not to mention the support they showed for Aaron Swartz who was driven to suicide because of a case against him for downloading academic articles from MIT in order to share them with all of humanity. He was facing 50 years in prison for this trivial act and the government was cold and inhuman after it become known that he was dead. It looks to me like they have provided quite a service to humanity and deserve at least our respect. I'm not saying that every person affiliated with Anonymous is justified in what they do but the fact that someone somewhere is trying to do something at the cost of their freedom is not something to be so trivial about.

CrazyCanuck

It is a major assumption to say that Anonymous consists of spotty basement trolls or script kiddies and it is nothing more than a stereotype. Do you know every single member of Anonymous? Do you even know one member of Anonymous? If you don't then I don't understand how you can be so presumptuous about an organization with no leaders, no dogma and no face. What have you been doing lately to change the situation in your country? If you have been doing something are you noticing that it's having a profound effect? By the crap state of the world I can tell you that whatever people are doing...it's not enough. It's nowhere near enough and if people don't start doing more soon the future will be one scary place.

STEEL

Apparently you really don't understand the human condition if you ask such a naive question. I really mean no offense by that statement it's just the truth. In my opinion, as well as that of many scientists, war is inherent to human nature. If you're interested in reading more then I refer you to this article which I'm sure you'll find interesting and thought-provoking: http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jun/07-is-war-inevitable-by-e-o-wilson

Nom Nom

Who has Anonymous ever hurt? Your argument is a conjecture based on no factual evidence whatsoever. You're just assuming that because they are painted as a terrorist organization that they are doing so when nothing could be further from the truth. Anonymous is no more a terrorist organization than the United States government which has a ton more money, power and control to influence way more lives around the globe. If you asked me who they've hurt I can certainly pull out some data.

there is also a lot more your heroes can do to improve the human condition other than symbolic wearing of masks... and even more symbolic ...attacks on the web.... as i have said before the "human condition" in most other countries are so abysmal and their own governments so corrupt nothing is being done.....and the fact is that a mere few dollars can improve one families life so dramatically that they can stop giving up hope...do really think that most of the world poor care or even know what your heroes are going to do with their attack or that that it is being done for their personal well being...many poor in this world are worried about where the next few drops of uncontaminated water wno less valid...and yes you do very easily fall into rude and insulting comentary

Cypher3927

CrazyCanuck

I know the quote isn't yours, it was a reply to what you said in your response. I just didn't want to junk up the forums by including everybody's text as that would make my post a lot longer and I thought it was unnecessary. I simply included the name of the person I was responding to above the actual response.

Archived