How to Download music from Raaga.com?

vissha

How to Download music from Raaga.com? Please suggest some currently working tricks!

Note: Try the trick yourself and then reply this Q only if it woks! Don't just copy from blogs/sites.

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi vissha, I've never heard about that website, so when you posted this topic I started browsing its content, and it seems great, I went to that sweet song: http://www.raaga.com/player4/?id=360834&mode=100&rand=0.8212086574640125 , tried to download with no sucess, IDMAN can't do it too, so I remembered a great site to download music from, which is : http://beemp3.com , typed the song, found and downloaded :), try to copy/paste the songs titles from raaga to beemp3 and I think you can download everything

Note: Try the trick yourself and then reply this Q only if it woks!

Orbit Downloader is reported to work.

If you want, you may try for yourself whether or not it does - here's the tutorial.

That website is using the RTMPE protocol to stream that content, so just a few streaming downloaders will do the job. You might try with GetFLV, TubeDigger, rtmpdump or just by recording it from screen.

Note: Try the trick yourself and then reply this Q only if it woks!

Orbit Downloader is reported to work.

If you want, you may try for yourself whether or not it does - here's the tutorial.

I know this downloader long back. It worked for old raaga.com player. But the player has been updated years ago. And i've tried but in vain.

calguyhunk

You can record anything playing on your audio card with either Audacity sound editor (My absolute favorite :D ) or, if you don't want to install such a large program and if you don't have any audio editing needs, you can install 'Audio Record Wizard' - a tiny program which does exactly what it claims to do - record copy protected streaming audio from the web, playing on your PC sound card :)

The quality is awesome. I got it from a GOTD giveaway a long time back, if I remember correctly :yes: Couldn't find any 'medicine' on the web :( so you'll be stuck with just the 2 minutes with recording from the free version :(

You can check out the following programs that I found on the net as well, but I haven't tested them out personally ;)

1. Free Sound Recorder

2. Streamosaur.

3. Some other ideas from Gizmo's Freeware :) and finally,

4. Google is always your BFF :lol:

princenarwal

tried jaksta media recorder

it detect the playback stream but then says copy protected content illegal to download.

calguyhunk

tried jaksta media recorder

it detect the playback stream but then says copy protected content illegal to download.

Jakstra is terrible. Bloated installation, complicated controls and yes, it doesn't even record copy protected content. :o Why should anyone even bother? :wtf:

majithia23

+1 Calguy for the Audacity method .

I remember this technique being a serendipity of mine , year or 2 back .

( .... just fiddling with the Software , when i just discovered this sweet technique by self ! )

And i then downloaded some movie soundtracks and back ground musics .

Some which you find catchy but are not easily available for a free leech !

On the topic , there are so many ways , to get a song .

In addition to what has already been posted , i'll add --

> URL Snooper . A lil advanced , but quite good . Does come in handy for some hard to get media . Snoop and grab on the URL through which the media is transmitted and then proceed .

> Try the Maxthon browser . It has a very good in built media grabber .

> Move on . Search for the desired song on SO many other MP3 leech sites .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived