What is going to be your main home OS during May 2013?

ShaCrystal

64 members have voted

1. 1. What is going to be your main home OS during May 2013?

• Windows XP
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8
    • Windows Blue
    • Mac OSX
    • Linux
    • Other
  2. 2. x32 or x64?

• 32-bit
    • 64-bit

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roger D

• dcs18

• 212eta

• Joyuna

Top Posters In This Topic

It is January 2014 and I use Windows XP SP3 ....Highly tweaked, bare minimum services and drivers, Bare minimum installed programs, NO .NET runtimes installed (I do run portable builds), NO Java installed (I do run portable builds), NO extra programming libraries installed (I do run portable builds), NO wallpapers, NO eye-candy, Default blue desktop (rgb 58,110,165), Default grey toolbars (rgb 212,208,200), Classic start menu, Windows Explorer customized for maximum vertical space and details view---only two very thin toolbars (the menu bar and the address bar) and NOTHING ELSE---and it is superfast !!

In April 2014 Microsoft are going to completely stop supporting XP .....THIS IS A VERY VERY BIG PROBLEM FOR ME !!!!!

I have played with all the NT6 variants (Vista, Seven, Eight) and I cannot accept the graphic user interface choices I am given...full stop.

I don't like any of the third-party customization software either ...classic shell and all other variants are all bullshit to me.

Windows Explorer in NT6 is an uncontrollable joke.........Ridiculous icon sizes, Ridiculous toolbar widths, I cannot remove the stupid search bar (I ONLY want it as menu item or from keyboard shortcut or very small icon which can be chosen to be displayed OR NOT chosen to be displayed), Full-row-select drives me insane !!, Auto-sort-auto-arrange drives me insane !!, Customization options dumbed-down stupid or missing are the only three choices I have !!, I cannot have a basic folder view at the left nav pane, I cannot completely remove the breadcrumbs view from the address bar without going through insane hacking methods !!, Tactile control of column headers is bullshit, Bullshit eye-candy mouse and selection effects I don't want and can't get rid of, Bullshit pastel washed out colors and gradient effects, etc, etc.

Why is it not possible for Microsoft to design an operating system which has a modular interface similar to the audio player "foobar2000" ????

If you have ever spent time customizing foobar2000 you will know exactly what I am talking about....i.e. if you want the full rich graphical experience and don't give a shit about using massive gobs of system resources (like Winamp, iTunes, etc) then you can have this ...if you prefer a totally bare mimimalist look and feel with hardly any impact on system resources you can have this too (you can make foobar look like Notepad if you want !!).

Anyhow.....soon, I'll have to look deep in the mirror and find a "new way" of enjoying my desktop computer lifestyle; it looks like me and Microsoft (and the new generation of users) we don't give a fuck about each other !!

Edited by derty2

Rename & Update the Poll to.. :lol:

What is going to be your main home OS during May 2014

and add Windows 8.1 to the list.. :showoff:

• 3 months later...